Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What To Wear With Skirts and Slacks?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12480
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12480

Hello :) I am surprised i haven't found a thread on this already, but if there is one, apologies.

So I have accumulated a few skirts since I became introduced to vintage but its just occurred to me that i don't really know what to wear with my skirts and slacks. The only things I have are modern blouses and i only have like, two of those!

Could you help me by showing me or giving me suggestions on the type of thing they wore? Particularly anything other than blouses because i don't always look that great in them (and people might wonder why i always wear blouses? haha.)

sorry i'm sounding a bit vague i don't really know what i'm asking for i just want to learn :)

love as always.
xxxxxx

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Blouses and sweaters are pretty much the meat of your options when pertaining to separates.

Check out this thread and look by era at stuff that was worn.

LD

D

Deleted member 12480

aha yeah probably should've looked through them again. whoops:rolleyes:

if you think this needs deleting go ahead!
xxx

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
New avatar is lovely Annie!

There are lots of options for wearing with separates. It's a bit warm now, but short sleeve jumpers are a good option when it's cooler. Check out 'Dressing4Impressing' for jumpers (I have one from the 50s section) and also for non-button-up blouses. Her fabrics aren't that amazing, but the tops are great for just everyday wear.

Or peasant tops are a good option for summer - you can often get them in the high street. I like Vivien of Holloway ones too for a more pinuppy look. Also an easy and authentic look is plain or striped tee shirts and vest tops - they were popular in the 30s.

0000534471-35476l.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Blouses and sweaters are pretty much it, but there are other modern options that still look nice. For example, I often pair light-weight feminine tees with those cute little gathered cap sleeves with skirts. I also will pick interesting knit tops to pair with skirts - say it has fun gathering at the shoulders, or a criss-cross overlap over the bust. There are lots of options that still allow you to have a pretty vintage look even if it's not 100% historically accurate. Be careful about limiting yourself!

D

Deleted member 12480

Crwritt, Skeet and James 71 - thankyou so much!! That so sweet.

Fleur - thankyou for the links - i'm going to wan after everything now. (p.s that is a really lovely picture and what a fantastic hat. I've seen a few vargas girls with them - i was under the impression giant hats were a 70s thing but, to my delight, i am proved wrong!)

KittyT - i will ;) I have a few tops one with a large bow that is a tiny bit 50s ish and with the slacks i get away with it but thankyou for opening my mind a little more :)

xxxxxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred