Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Josephine

One Too Many
I just watched Underworld. Apparently for the second time. I had forgotten I had watched it before, but them some things jogged my memory. I was cross stitching so I just left it on and to see what I had forgotten. I want my 4 hours back. 2 for the first time and 2 for the second. :p

Actually, I think I meant to get Underworld: Evolution, but I think I will skip it...

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
Josephine said:
I just watched Underworld. Apparently for the second time. I had forgotten I had watched it before, but them some things jogged my memory. I was cross stitching so I just left it on and to see what I had forgotten. I want my 4 hours back. 2 for the first time and 2 for the second. :p

Actually, I think I meant to get Underworld: Evolution...

Do you think Underworld:Evolution is better than the original? I thought that it did worse in the box office (as if that means a blessed thing)...

Josephine

One Too Many
LordJohnRoxton said:
Do you think Underworld:Evolution is better than the original? I thought that it did worse in the box office (as if that means a blessed thing)...

I haven't seen U:E. It has the same rating on IMDb (6.6) that Underworld does. Maybe I'll put U:E at the end of my Netflix queue and watch it after the others come...

ps Underworld did 51.9 billion US, and U:E did 62.3, but that doesn't include DVD sales which I read were as much as ticket sales.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LordJohnRoxton said:
The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer... Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, and Shirley Temple!

Mellow greetings yookee dookee!

This one's a huge, huge guilty pleasure of mine. Cary Grant is a riot and I was surprised at Temple's skill at comedy--too bad she didn't get to do more as an adult. Myrna's her usual perfection, Rudy Vallee is always welcome for me and I loved the kid who played Jerry.

You remind me of a man...

Feraud

Bartender
Quigley Brown said:
I watched the original 'Alfie' on TMC last night. Can anybody tell me what's it all about? ;)
A great film. I caught the last 15 minutes this time.
Did anyone see the mess that was Jude Law in the Alfie remake? Oh the horror!

I watched The 300 last night.

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
Josephine said:
I haven't seen U:E. It has the same rating on IMDb (6.6) that Underworld does. Maybe I'll put U:E at the end of my Netflix queue and watch it after the others come...

ps Underworld did 51.9 billion US, and U:E did 62.3, but that doesn't include DVD sales which I read were as much as ticket sales.

I stand corrected! I haven't watched either of them the whole way through. While I love a dark movie, especially a vampire movie, in general and Kate Bekinsale in particular...

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned said:
Mellow greetings yookee dookee!

This one's a huge, huge guilty pleasure of mine. Cary Grant is a riot and I was surprised at Temple's skill at comedy--too bad she didn't get to do more as an adult. Myrna's her usual perfection, Rudy Vallee is always welcome for me and I loved the kid who played Jerry.

You remind me of a man...

You have to love that line!
It's true... Shirley Temple really didn't get to exercise those skills as she became an adult. I suppose it was as difficult to break out of that child star mold then as it seems to be now!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LordJohnRoxton said:
I stand corrected! I haven't watched either of them the whole way through. While I love a dark movie, especially a vampire movie, in general and Kate Bekinsale in particular...

I've had these on my Netflix queue for awhile--I don't expect much from them but Bill Nighy as a vampire? Gotta see that.

Bad Day At Black Rock

RBH said:
Waiting on the DVD of 'Bad Day at Black Rock' it should arrive this week.
I got BD@BR some time ago. I remembered watching it as a teen at my parents house and being totally involved in the antagonistic aspecs of this drama. I had not seen it in 30 plus years, but was compelled to get it from my memory of the gamat of feelings it had evoked. Borgnine and Marvin portray astonishingly repulsive characters. Also some fine hats.

The title also evokes the exploitation movies of the era.

Great film.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
The last movie I watched was The Naked City. I just picked up the Criterion Collection edition DVD of it yesterday at my local Movie Stop. My first time to see it and must admit I was a bit disappointed it was not shot in a more typical Noir style.

-MC

RBH

Bartender
John in Covina said:
I got BD@BR some time ago. I remembered watching it as a teen at my parents house and being totally involved in the antagonistic aspecs of this drama. I had not seen it in 30 plus years, but was compelled to get it from my memory of the gamat of feelings it had evoked. Borgnine and Marvin portray astonishingly repulsive characters. Also some fine hats.

The title also evokes the exploitation movies of the era.

Great film.
You are so right John, great fim and not to mention the great hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner