Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I finally got to see 'Snakes on a Plane' last night. What a hoot.:eusa_doh: ...nasty, but a hoot. People must have been screaming their heads off when watching it on the big screen (definitely not a date movie). I can see it becoming a cult film to be shown in theaters at midnight every Halloween. And that memorable line from Samuel Jackson.......:eek:

RIOT

Practically Family
I saw The Kingdom last night. It was an alright movie for what is was worth, too much dialogue and not enough action, but when the action happened it was intense. Not enough of Jennifer Garner though.

Before that was Ratatouille (not on the same day).

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
"Star of Midnight" (1935)

...with William Powell and Ginger Rogers, is a comic/mystery, and the script is quite good. Another very entertaining vintage film. :D

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I watched 'Dinner Rush' yesterday afternoon. It's a slick little film about a hectic night at a trendy Manhatten Italian restaurant. It has one of the best surprising and satisfying endings I've seen in a long time!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I don't usually give a movie 10/10 but last night I saw the Danish film "Efter bryllupet" (After the Wedding) and I have to say this was worth it. Some of the best acting I have seen in a long, long time. I'd urge anyone here after a stunning film to see this.

No doubt Spitfire, BT, Speedster et al have seen this!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
At my cinema club screening yesterday, we saw the not-yet-released-in-the-US O Jerusalem.

It's the story of the British departure from Palestine in 1948 and the ensuing war that created the State of Israel, told from the POV of a pair of best friends, one Jewish American and one Palestinian Arab, who had met and bonded in New York in the years just previous. Both end up highly placed in the Haganah and Palestinian forces, respectively - and inevitably find themselves holding one another at gunpoint...

It was well done, but I'll stick with the 1960 film of Exodus for telling this particular story. Of course, the obvious reason that this new film was made is that the Israelis and Palestinians are still killing each other 60 years later... Oy, the more things change...

Feraud

Bartender
The Harder They Fall w/Bogart.
This was Humphrey Bogart's last film and a great one to go out with.

History may have stereotyped Bogey but he made films with range.
This film, along with In A Lonely Place, The Caine Mutiny, and Treasure of the Sierra Madre are some of his best later period work from those I have seen.

Apocalypto is up next.

LordJohnRoxton

One of the Regulars
42nd Street... Premiered February,1933. I had forgotten that ginger Rogers played a fairly minor role in the film. This was not too long before she began headlining with Fred Astaire (Flying Down to Rio December, 1933).

zaika

One Too Many
i started watching "operation bikini." deeeeep huuuuuurrrting!
the dream sequence was awesome!! ahh, frankie. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred