Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Last night I watched This Gun for Hire and Mildred Pierce (part of my DVD collection--I watched them on my computer & got to see all the details, like the sad look on Joan Crawford's face as she is talking to the cop who is trying to stop her from killing herself). A couple days ago I watched Die, Die My Darling on TCM, and a few weeks ago I rented Borat and Little Children. Tonight I will watch The Thin Man. :eusa_clap

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Saturday night, a bummer of a night on TV land, I put on the documentary film on surfing, Step Into Liquid. Even mother liked it, at least the pretty scenery and big waves.

Never surfed, but like surfing, especially watching big wave riding.

karol

Kishtu

Practically Family
We went to the flicks last night and saw "Casablanca".

First in a series of classic film shows. So sad - there were only about 10 people there, and of those two got up and left before the end. Their next idea of a "classic" is either "Goldfinger" or "The Sound of Music"..... [huh]

On the other hand, it was amazing how many of you guys we saw in Sam's bar! lol

Bertie Wooster

New in Town
Here's looking at you kid...

I think you will find, kid, that they left before the picture even started.

Its a lovely film though, first time I have seen it. Thoroughly enjoyable, the soundtrack will be winging its way to us from a certain online retailer shortly...

And yes, a lot of Rick's patrons remided me of patrons of the Fedora Lounge as well!

Cheers!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
LordJohnRoxton said:
I always got choked up during the scene where everyone sings La Marseillaise... I never could say why!

Oh, me too! I think it's a fantastic national anthem, bloody, violent and wonderfully rallying. I've had moments in Parisian bars where all the patrons broke out into that song...amazing!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LordJohnRoxton said:
I always got choked up during the scene where everyone sings La Marseillaise... I never could say why!

I can't even tell you how many times have I seen that film yet I spill tears like a Pavlovian dog everytime I see that scene and the flashback to Paris when Ilsa makes her "I love you so much. And I hate this war so much. Oh, it's a crazy world. Anything can happen..." speech straight through to the end of that scene with Bogart at the bar. Wonderful stuff.

Over the weekend I saw Bogart and Bacall in Dark Passage and what a very odd film it was too! The script was pretty disjointed and it was definitely not one of the pair's better efforts, however, their chemistry was wonderful. Agnes Moorhead is worth the price of admission too--that fabulous leopard print suit she wears! Her climactic showdown with Bogart!

Also, on a completely superficial note, Lauren Bacall's hair deserves it's own credit in this movie--it's just so beautiful.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
28 Weeks Later.
I do love a good zombie flick, and that opening scene was amazing!

Next on my list is a re-watch of Quiz Show. I havent seen it in years. Put me to sleep last time I saw it. Im older now, and well napped :)

LD

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
I just watched Wong Kar-wai's In The Mood For Love, the prequel to 2046. A very romantic drama set in Hong Kong in the early 60s/late 50s. Great costuming and yes, a hat or two! ;)

vonwotan

Practically Family
The Pink Panther. Again. This was my favourite movie growing up and remains one of my favourites. My second crush, the first movie crush, was Fran Jeffries after seeing her sing Meglio Stasera in this movie.:D

It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful the musical scores for movies used to be. Mancini wrote this song, along with the rest of the score, just for The Pink Panther and, Fran Jeffries performed it in the wonderful apres ski scene set in Cortina.

cemetarian

Vendor
LOL.....just watched Beach Party..........again...........and laughed all the way through it............it's so baaaad and so campy but soooooooooo 1963.........I remember seeing it a the theater (I was 14) and I wanted to be..................no NOT Annette (the little pure twit) but I wanted to be...............

The Shimmy Queen.........Candy Johnson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred