Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
The local Blockbuster had a 2 day sale, and I picked up these titles for $3.99 each:
Time Bandits 2 disc edition (pure Terry Gilliam genius)
Monty Python's Life of Brian (hmmm, see avatar)
North by Northwest (one of the best in cinema history but a disappointing feature length commentary by the scriptwriter-not very informative and he would too often talk about something other than what was on the screen, but that score is dead on)
and for 99 cents each Deathproof and Planet Terror.

Corto

A-List Customer
Smithy said:
"This is England". Very good film, gritty and very well made.

I just showed that to my Sociology class.
Unfortunately the subtitles didn't work, but they were riveted by the story and fascinated by two subcultures (the original Rude Boys and the Nat'l Front inspired Skinheads) that they knew nothing about.

It provoked some excellent and provocative conversation.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I just finished watching High Society with Bing Crosby, Grace Kelley, Frank Sinatra, and Celeste Holmes. Such a great, feel-good movie!

Panache

A-List Customer
Howard Hawks Monkey Business with Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers.

I cracked up at a scene toward the end of the movie and noticed the actors who played "Ned Scot" and "Dr. Carrington" from The Thing From Another World sitting next to each other.

Cheers

Jamie

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Panache said:
Howard Hawks Monkey Business with Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers.

I cracked up at a scene toward the end of the movie and noticed the actors who played "Ned Scot" and "Dr. Carrington" from The Thing From Another World sitting next to each other.

Cheers

Jamie

This movie is absolutely hilarious! I love it when Ginger Rogers and Cary Grant are "children." lol

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Just finished watching The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I'm suffering from a cold and didn't want to do much of anything tonight. This movie never fails to make me feel good.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Land and Freedom (1995) on the Sundance Channel. A communist from Liverpool fights against the fascists in the Spanish Civil War.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
The new "X-Files: I Want To Believe" DVD. It was okay, I don't like the way the lead characters developed. It lacked the subtle humorous remarks and way to many whispered lines. Not as good as most of the old TV episodes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy