Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

funneman

Practically Family
Devil in a Blue Dress

Denzel Washington in a very Chandler-like movie.
Well acted, great pace, some very witty dialog.
"If you didn't want me to kill him, why did you leave me alone with him?"lol
Great looking clothes, hats and cars.

Speaking of Chandler, "Farewell My Lovely" was on again this week.
Robert Mitchum is a great Marlow.

carter

I'll Lock Up
funneman said:
Denzel Washington in a very Chandler-like movie.
Well acted, great pace, some very witty dialog.
"If you didn't want me to kill him, why did you leave me alone with him?"lol
Great looking clothes, hats and cars.

Speaking of Chandler, "Farewell My Lovely" was on again this week.
Robert Mitchum is a great Marlow.

Robert Mitchum is THE Marlow. :cool2:

Tallulah

New in Town
Just watched "Edward Scissorhands" with my oldest daughter (her first time). This film is one of my all-time faves but I had not seen it in years...
insights galore...and on a whole new level now that I am,
*cough*,
older.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched "The Aviator" tonight. I've watched it several times before but its always a good movie to put on in a pinch. Earlier today I watched "North Dallas Forty". Funny football movie with Mac Davis, Nick Nolte, John Matuszak and Bo Svenson.

Kermez

A-List Customer
KY Gentleman said:
Earlier today I watched "North Dallas Forty". Funny football movie with Mac Davis, Nick Nolte, John Matuszak and Bo Svenson.

"That's not gross. Gross is when you go to kiss your grandpa goodnight and he sticks his tongue down your throat. THAT'S GROSS."

"Joe Bob's Fine Foods. Eat Here Or I'll Kill You."

Please forgive any quoting errors, as I have not seen this movie since I hit puberty. True story.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Kermez said:
"That's not gross. Gross is when you go to kiss your grandpa goodnight and he sticks his tongue down your throat. THAT'S GROSS."

"Joe Bob's Fine Foods. Eat Here Or I'll Kill You."

Please forgive any quoting errors, as I have not seen this movie since I hit puberty. True story.

Your dead on with the quotes Kermez.

Corto

A-List Customer
I watch a lot of movies from the 40's and the 50's...and I like a lot of them, but I LOVED Soldier of Fortune starring Clark Gable and Susan Hayward.

While Clark was knocking people about (dressed in an immaculate white suit) I couldn't help but think that if this movie had been shot today, everyone would be wearing performance fleece, digital cammies, Under Armor or any other permutation of camping store-chic in (and out) of action.

Great flick. Looks like it was shot on location in Hong Kong (the best evidence is a couple of scenes where Gable is waiting for the Victoria Peak tram). It's definitely a treat for any of you Asia Hands out there.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I've got "All The Pretty Horses" on tonight. Matt Damon is convincing as a cowboy, and its based on a novel by Cormac McCarthy. (He also wrote "No Country For Old Men"). I'm pretty sure it was Billy Bob Thorntons directorial debut. Its worth a look, its one of those transitional western stories when the "old west" was disappearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24