Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Cinderella Man

....had to follow up with a Russell Crowe and landed there.... Then we just went into a favorite of the family... (even the kiddies) White Christmas!!

It's funny, but as a kid I really don't remember the military parts of White Christmas...

Am I wrong, but does it seem that after the war, there was a very strong patriotic feeling, which was more of a "stand by your men when they come home and let's get things back to normal!", rather than "yeah we wooped em good, let's thump our chests!!"....?????

Which Bing Crosby film was it, when Bing sung "Too ra loo, ra loo la"??? I think he saw playing a priest....???? Bells of St. Mary's???

Jovan

Suspended
Enchanted

Not bad. The romance wasn't very believable, but I suppose it didn't need to be. I think what bit it in the arse a little was that it was being marketed as a spoof of old Disney cartoons, yet it ends up being just a tad bit froo-frooey for its own good. Both me and Ashley agreed on that.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
happyfilmluvguy said:
Another Disney film. Pirates of the Caribbean.

definitely worth watching over and over. IMO b/c of the very poor acting by Bloom and Knightly, if Johnny Depp wasn't cast as Sparrow the film would've never taken off. just watch the two. no chemistry, seems like forced lines and overacting in most parts. bleh. love it though. waiting for numero 3 to come to DVD.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Miss Potter, the biopic on Beatrix Potter. The costuming is to die for, but if my understanding is correct, it skips some of the most interesting facets of this lady. [huh]

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
exactly.

just finished The Roaring Twenties. first Cagney movie i remember seeing and boy was it a treat to get both of Hollywoods greatest tough guys in one movie.

A.R. McVintage

Hondo said:
I just saw Capote on one of my satellite channels, thought he was a different guy than the one who wrote Breakfast at Tiffanys, (I did not read the book) This movie about how he wrote "In Cold Blood" was strange, no matter how you cut it, or what the killers backgrounds were, he befriended them for the book, it was rather shallow if thats the word for it to use and not to think of the family they killed, once I saw Capote during an interview, he turned my stomach, never really like him, of course I enjoy Breakfast at Tiffany's (the movie) but it was tough to associate with Capote, weird feeling, enjoyed Tiffanys because of Audery Hepburn, not Capote.

I think Capote was trying to illustrate that what was wrong with Truman as a person was that nobody else but him truly mattered in his life. There're scenes, like the premiere of TKAM where Harper is trying to talk to him and he just goes on about himself and she leaves disgusted. So, did he really befriend the killers? Or did he just manipulate them for his own ends?

rotten03

New in Town
No Country for Old Men. Holy crap. That was a good flick. My wife says it sucked. She sticks to the every 3rd theory of Coen Bros. flicks. 2 movies in a row will be awful and the 3rd will be good. lol

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
The Maltese Falcon

Home for another week with a dislocated shoulder.... Woke up at about 3am and started watching Maltese Falcon....

"We didn't believe your story either... We believed your two hundred bucks!":eusa_clap

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
because I'm cool like that

It's a homework day, and I have a cold, so to gear up to do some heavy writing I watched Atlantis Squarepantis. Not quite a movie, but enjoyable. And David Bowie voices one of the characters. It brightened an otherwise dull morning. lol

Jerekson

One Too Many
The last movie I watched was August Rush. It seemed a bit sappy and girly, so I was hesitant, but once I was able to get past the why-on-earth-am-I-watching-this factor, I realized it was quite a fantastic movie. Beautiful score, acting, and cinematography. It really reminded me of the way movies used to be.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Women. I never noticed before that Theresa Harris is in this movie. This movies always makes me want to go shopping and increases my love of hats. I also watched some of The Boy With Green Hair.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Spielberg's 'Munich' was on again last night. I been singing 'Papa was a rollin' stone...' all day. Can't get it out of my head! Those who have seen it will understand.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
The Indy Trilogy

Just finished the Indy Trilogy with "Mommies Little Monster..s" (10 pts for naming the group who sung that)... Sure I either distracted them, sent them on missions, a nap or had them look away during questionable parts. But they really love Indy and sing the music when it comes on...

Jazz1.jpg

SamJazz.jpg

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Badluck Brody said:
Just finished the Indy Trilogy with "Mommies Little Monster..s" (10 pts for naming the group who sung that)... Sure I either distracted them, sent them on missions, a nap or had them look away during questionable parts. But they really love Indy and sing the music when it comes on...

Jazz1.jpg

SamJazz.jpg

Awww! Too cute! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner