What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Amy Jeanne, Aug 5, 2007.

1. sweetfrancaise

sweetfrancaise Practically Family

O yes--I posted on it the other day. It's brilliant!

I also thought it was an interesting take on what's happening right now, but as politics are banned, that's where I'll take my leave.

2. Antje

Antje One Too Many

I watched Edward Scissorhands yesterday,
    oh I just love Johnny Depp

3. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

I recorded a group of Thin Man films from TCM.
    Watched The Thin Man, After the Thin Man, Another Thin Man.

4. TailendCharlie

TailendCharlie One of the Regulars

The Day's of Wine and Rose's

5. Slate Shannon

Slate Shannon One of the Regulars

Yes, that was a very brutal scene. I think it was all the more shocking because I wasn't really expecting it, and the way the Captain did it in such a detached manner. But it was very effective in defining the character.
    And I did like the movie.

6. pennycarrol

pennycarrol A-List Customer

The last movie I saw was "About a boy", with Toni Collette and Hugh Grant!! And yes Hugh Grant is very very handsome lol!!

7. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

I saw that movie in the theater like 8 times. I know all the lines by heart. What a sweet fairy tale :)

LD

8. deadpandiva

deadpandiva Call Me a Cab

I watched some of the Andy Hardy marathon. Those movies are corny but I LOVE corn.

9. W.C. Fields

The Man on the Flying Trapeze. Ambrose Wolfinger, Memory Expert for a Woolen Company wishes to take the afternoon off to see celebrated and famous wretles in a spectacular match up. From burgalars singing in the cellar to a mistaken information as to a supposed teetotalers death from drinking poisoned liquor to the grand finale. A key Fields outing, similar to "It's A Gift" in plot of henpecked husband nair-do-well, suceeds in the end.

From the Fields boxed set Volume 2.

Sincerely,

10. Fletch

Fletch I'll Lock Up

Meh marches on

Analyze This (1999). Just-a-little-better-than-typical late-model big-studio comedy. You know the concept - stock Italian mobster Bobby De Niro visits stock Jewish therapist Billy Crystal, threatening relationship with stock leggy blonde Lisa Kudrow (who plays a WASP because Jewish girls still can't be love interests in the movies).
    The jokes aren't bad really, but the mob violence is played absolutely straight even tho the goombatz are caricatures. This makes the pic hard to take lightly and impossible to take seriously.
    Big polenta-face Joe Viterelli is the only bright spot: "Doc, I'm a moron. I'm known fer it."
    [​IMG]

11. Boris K

Boris K One of the Regulars

Casablance, from one of the Bogie DVD sets...

12. Photomuse

Photomuse Familiar Face

13. Badluck Brody

Badluck Brody Practically Family

Miller's Crossing

A very sharp flick by the Coen Brothers!

14. Novella

Novella Practically Family

Paper Moon - I'm not sure if I'd call it a favorite, but it's a really well done film.

15. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

Knocked Up

Wow was this movie way lame.

LD

16. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

had a Cagney-fest with the dvd signature series and one vhs...Bride Came COD, Captain Of The Clouds, Fighting 69th, Torrid Zone, West Point Story and Public Enemy...and i plan on watching Roaring Twenties...again...whatd'ya thinka that tough guy, huh?
    -SM

17. Badluck Brody

Badluck Brody Practically Family

Good night and Good luck

Not sure where I stand on this one..... I kinda liked the cinematograpy and the use of B&W...ANy other opinions??

Cagney was an everyman... Though he always kinda seemed to play himself, be it tough guy or funnyman.

One thing my girl commented on while watching some of the classics, was "People spoke real loud in the old days.." Though I'm sure that was due to the methods of recording sound back in the old days...

18. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

your girl is correct. my father commented on how actors stood very close together while on screen, his exact line being "looks like he's gonna kiss him"...watch The Good German and you'll see the very same for the director used film equipment only available in 1945, the period the film was set. it made the actors speak in very loud, articulate voice and stand close together.

Cagney was definitely a rebel. and yes, playing himself in many of his films like Brando and McQueen. little 5 foot nothin' tough guy...thats why you gotta love him ;)

19. olive bleu

olive bleu One Too Many

saw the "Bee Movie" last weekend with the whole family , sweet movie. Although, I still can't take my bear shaped bottle of honey down from the cupboard without feeling shame.:eek: ;)

20. Jovan

Jovan Suspended

Have you seen the sequel? They seemed to learn from that a bit. I actually liked it better. That was my only problem with the film too.