Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Abbot & Costello meet the Mummy
You just can't go wrong with their monster flicks.
I still like Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstien. After 17yrs Lugosi could still give that piercing look as Dracula. :eusa_clap
Tonight I'm watching "Night Creatures" from 1962 with Peter Cushing and Oliver Reed.
I'm a huge fan of the old Hammer movies as I've stated before, and even at this time of year, I still won't watch the "jump out and grab ya" flicks. I like to keep my recliner dry. :D

220px-Gripsgrunts37.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Finally saw He Ran All the Way, with John Garfield, Shelley Winters, and Wallace Ford. Interesting "family as hostages" film in that the abductor and the hostages were of the same social class. Many of those involved in the film were blacklisted, including Dalton Trumbo, who wrote the screenplay but was fronted by Guy Endore. Also recently watched Body and Soul, another Garfield film (perhaps his greatest role), written by Abraham Polonsky (also of Force of Evil), a commentary on the evils of unbridled capitalism. To top off the Garfield kick, saw They Made Me a Criminal, with the Dead End Kids; nothing spectacular, but good to see Mr. Garfield in his earlier days. And as an extra, saw the boxing filmThe Set-Up with Robert Ryan for the third time. Love the gritty directorial style of Robert Wise, and the character study cameos interspersed throughout, as well as the real-time scenario.

m0nk

One Too Many
Just saw The Third Man today for the first time. It was good, though awkward at times, and the music lost some suspense IMO.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Finally saw He Ran All the Way, with John Garfield, Shelley Winters, and Wallace Ford. Interesting "family as hostages" film in that the abductor and the hostages were of the same social class. Many of those involved in the film were blacklisted, including Dalton Trumbo, who wrote the screenplay but was fronted by Guy Endore. Also recently watched Body and Soul, another Garfield film (perhaps his greatest role), written by Abraham Polonsky (also of Force of Evil), a commentary on the evils of unbridled capitalism. To top off the Garfield kick, saw They Made Me a Criminal, with the Dead End Kids; nothing spectacular, but good to see Mr. Garfield in his earlier days. And as an extra, saw the boxing filmThe Set-Up with Robert Ryan for the third time. Love the gritty directorial style of Robert Wise, and the character study cameos interspersed throughout, as well as the real-time scenario.

The Set-Up opens and closes with a shot of the clock out on the street, and it sort of surprises you when you see how little time actually goes by compared to all the story packed into the movie.

They Made Me a Criminal was a classic! Ann Sheridan and Gloria dickson. :eyebrows: :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy