Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Hi

I finally watched the Big Lebowski. The Coen Brothers are great, Bridges and Goodman were cast just right. Tara Reid didn't have much to say though. The Dude was just weird, but then hey that was the idea.

later

"But his girlfriend lost her toe and thats not fair!"

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Spielberg's Lincoln.

I found it brilliantly done in every respect, shockingly intelligent, and at times very moving. It will sweep the Oscar nominations, and Daniel Day-Lewis (and probably Sally Field too, and perhaps Tony Kushner and Spielberg) will win. The acting, by a familiar, awesome cast, is simply great all around - Tommy Lee Jones, David Strathairn, Hal Holbrook, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jackie Earle Haley, Lee Pace, Jared Harris, James Spader, Michael Stuhlbarg... The production is magnificent, and every aspect - including Kushner's outstanding script, John Williams' understated score, and Spielberg's tightly focused, unshowy direction - serves the story beautifully. It truly deserves to be seen on the big screen!

It also does a pretty remarkable job of showing what has - and hasn't - changed in Washington since 1865.

Spielberg's Lincoln. I found it brilliantly done in every respect, shockingly intelligent, and at times very moving. It will sweep the Oscar nominations, and Daniel Day-Lewis (and probably Sally Field too, and perhaps Tony Kushner and Spielberg) will win. The acting, by a familiar, awesome cast, is simply great all around - Tommy Lee Jones, David Strathairn, Hal Holbrook, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jackie Earle Haley, Lee Pace, Jared Harris, James Spader, Michael Stuhlbarg... The production is magnificent, and every aspect - including Kushner's outstanding script, John Williams' understated score, and Spielberg's tightly focused, unshowy direction - serves the story beautifully. It truly deserves to be seen on the big screen!It also does a pretty remarkable job of showing what has - and hasn't - changed in Washington since 1865.
Good to hear others like it! I've seen it twice, and love it. I hope more folks see it as well. DDL is a brilliant actor, and it's truly a good take on history.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Spielberg's Lincoln.

I found it brilliantly done in every respect, shockingly intelligent, and at times very moving. It will sweep the Oscar nominations, and Daniel Day-Lewis (and probably Sally Field too, and perhaps Tony Kushner and Spielberg) will win. The acting, by a familiar, awesome cast, is simply great all around - Tommy Lee Jones, David Strathairn, Hal Holbrook, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jackie Earle Haley, Lee Pace, Jared Harris, James Spader, Michael Stuhlbarg... The production is magnificent, and every aspect - including Kushner's outstanding script, John Williams' understated score, and Spielberg's tightly focused, unshowy direction - serves the story beautifully. It truly deserves to be seen on the big screen!

It also does a pretty remarkable job of showing what has - and hasn't - changed in Washington since 1865.

I will be seeing it here this weekend; much of it was filmed just up the road in Richmond.

Last film I saw was Skyfall.

song-of-the-gringos.jpg

cropwm.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Charge of the Light Brigade" - Not within a million miles of history but my god what story telling. And Erroll Flynn still has his man card, pencil thin 'stache regarless.

Worf

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I watched the Sophie Scholl film again last night. I had heard in an interview with Hitler's secretary Traudl Junge that they were the same age and that Frau Junge only discovered that years later upon seeing a Scholl/White Rose memorial in Munich. Only then did she come to the realization that her then young age was no excuse for not speaking out. Of course Sophie, her brother and their friend paid the ultimate price in front of the infamous Judge Freisler and the guillotine. ≈ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426578/

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay