Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Kiss Them For Me (1957) Cary Grant, et al, in CinemaScope (2.3.5 : 1), stereo, and color by De Luxe. A big movie based on a play based on a book about WW2 Navy pilots on leave in San Francisco. Its stage roots show with most of the story happening in a hotel suite crowded with colorful types giving out with dialogue found mostly in a play. Director Stanley Donen opens up the story with some scenes around the city by the bay, but I couldn't get into the movie. At the end, we see some shots of fighter planes launching off a carrier as a male chorus, sounding like Mitch and his guys, sing about kissing them for me.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'The Big Blockade' a drama/documentary from the early 1940s about British efforts to prevent industrial supplies reaching Germany.

The German and italian characters really are ludicrous caricatures.There is a bizarre scene set in a factory where one German (in Nazi uniform) speaks. The actor has been dubbed so that he has a high pitched girls voice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner