Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

JeffOYB

Vendor
The Duellists

Carradine and Keitel rock this one hard. The best swordplay anywhere. Keitel edges Carradine, though, with his primalness. Heck, there are even IDEAS in it. Maybe even PACKED into it. Effortlessly. And if you like period film-making, well, look no further. There are even still-lifes. (Carradine has his best hour in "Choose Me," I thought.)

JeffOYB

Vendor
How about a list of Best Fedora Movies? I need to see more of them and I need to badly...

The Thin Man
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Playtime
La Vita Dolce
...?

(I need to have Swanky Architecture & Interiors fit in there somehow, too. Help! :)

CopperNY

A-List Customer
JeffOYB said:
The Duellists

Carradine and Keitel rock this one hard. The best swordplay anywhere. Keitel edges Carradine, though, with his primalness. Heck, there are even IDEAS in it. Maybe even PACKED into it. Effortlessly. And if you like period film-making, well, look no further. There are even still-lifes. (Carradine has his best hour in "Choose Me," I thought.)

classic. and great realistic swordwork arranged by William Hobbs. he also did the Three/Four Musketeers w/ Michael York and Oliver Reed, Rob Roy and scores of others.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0387643/

sorry, i teach historical swordmanship......:eek:

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brokeback Mountain

I just keep watching it, it's one of my all time favourites! (mind you, anything by Annie Proulx is in my list!)

As much as everyone makes fun of it, I saw this movie twice in the theater and really enjoyed it. Sure you need an open mind, but it's also a love story that rings true in so many lives, regardless of the players involved. It was well acted, and the ending was just heartbreaking. I very much enjoyed it!

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just watched M (1931) by Fritz Lang, and man, what an excellent film. Kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through!

Peter Lorre was grand, and I really liked the criminals. Quite interesting, very enjoyable.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Let's see...quite a few lately!

Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. I really liked it and hope they make another one.

Something's Gotta Give with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson. First time to see it and I really enjoyed it.

The Karate Kid with Jackie Chan. Pretty good.

Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. LOVE that movie!

MCPRE

Familiar Face
The Horrors of Spider Island, love the steamy porch scene;)
220px-Horrorspiderisland.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Let's see...quite a few lately!

Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. I really liked it and hope they make another one.

Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. LOVE that movie!

I absolutely hated Sherlock Holmes. [and NO, I didn't go into it expecting to, I WANTED to enjoy it.] I'm pretty much the only person I know who hated it... I thought it was well acted, but the plot was thin and predictable, and the dialogue limped along. I enjoyed Downey Jr. as Holmes, and would have loved to see him in a meatier role.

Charade is a FANTASTIC film. Two of my favorites in one film with a great supporting cast.

Randy

Last edited:

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Just watched M (1931) by Fritz Lang, and man, what an excellent film. Kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through!

Peter Lorre was grand, and I really liked the criminals. Quite interesting, very enjoyable.

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago out of a discount bin. Brilliant film. Just rivetting. And some of the performances were like nothing I've seen in any hollywood film of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR