Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Berlin

Practically Family
Aimée & Jaguar
AimeeJaguarDVD.jpg

JennyLou

Practically Family
i just watched The Big Sleep last night. I had seen it before a long time ago and forgot what it was about. I really enjoyed it this time.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Just watched "The Bank Job" (2008) based on the 1971 Baker Street Robbery. Thoroughly enjoyable heist movie. Well worth watching

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
I revisited my old friend The Abominable Dr Phibes last night. I'll probably watch it again on or around Halloween.

Hopefully there'll be a copy of Only Angels Have Wings waiting on me when I get home from work tonight.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I Love a Mystery (1945) with Jim Bannon as Jack, Barton Yarborough as Doc, and George MacCready as Jefferson Monk. Seeing the man who voiced Doc in the series was jarring: he looked nothing like I imagined the character. The film did follow Morse's general plan of always explaining away the supernatural elements with a logical premise.

Last edited:

Femme Fatale

New in Town
Sunday I saw Giant (1956), it was long but really good, I have never seen it before. My mom actually called to tell me Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, AND James Dean were in a movie together and well I just couldn't pass that up. Yesterday I watched A Children's Hour (1961). If you haven't seen it before I would recommend it, it's a very good film. Sometimes TCM hits the nail on the head with movies, now if they would show more good movies outside of their Oscar month I tune in a little more.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Tooth Fairy - a forgettable (and predictable) Disney film, but we enjoyed it nevertheless. Then hubby put in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo since he hadn't seen it yet, and I got sucked into watching it again...

Dan'l

Practically Family
Finally saw the new Robin Hood, with Russell Crowe. It was interesting to see something different than the usual story. It took me a minute to realize this one is explaining the origin, at least their version. A good movie...something could have been better, maybe the story or some of the acting.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Finally saw the new Robin Hood, with Russell Crowe. It was interesting to see something different than the usual story. It took me a minute to realize this one is explaining the origin, at least their version. A good movie...something could have been better, maybe the story or some of the acting.

I watched parts of it, but not the whole thing through (busy doing other stuff while hubby had it playing in the background). But what I DID see, I liked. But then again, Russell Crowe is one of my favorite actors. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy