Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
On the plane on the way to DC, I watched Killing Bono, which is fantastic. Hihly recommended. I also watched Paul, which was..... okay. It's no Sean of the Dead - I doubt I'll ever feel the need to watch it a second time, much less buy the DVD - but it's not as disappointing as Hot Fuzz was either.

Star Trek (the new one with the young crew). Very good, fast paced, but [spoiler alert] as a bit of a Trekkie, unsure of the whole "alternate timeline" story.

Actually, I thought that was genius. What it does is it gives them the freedom to do something totally new (check the Star Wars prequels for how limited you can be by having to produce a run of films which not only have to stay true to an established canon, but have their end point predetermined too), without upsetting long-term fans as it can be done without deviating from canon.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Murder on a Sunday Morning - brilliant and disturbing documentary about a boy randomly picked up by the police and accused of a murder he could not possibly have committed - the docu follows his legal team trying to prove his innocence.

Pickup on South Street - enjoyed this - the only other movie I have seen Jean Peters in was Niagara playing the complete opposite to her role in Pickup - her turn in this movie was so convincing.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
While on vacation in UT, watched the DVD of Iron Man with Robert Downey, Jr. Must admit I did like it. When I got home I told my teenage son about it, and that I was thinking I'd get the DVD of it for him as a gift for his upcoming 15th Bday. He said, "that's okay, he'll pass on IM".

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh yeah, what a weird movie that was Jim.
I STILL see images from that movie.
I'm one to talk though, I love old horror films from the 50's through the early 70's
No wonder I leave the lights on in my house at night!
Maybe a marathon of Mystery Science Theater 3000 spoofs will wash the seven images away. I can always try. :)

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Planet 51, on the Netflix internetal web gizmo that only my kid can operate. Visually stunning and very clever. I stopped trying to remember all the movie references. SPOILER Hey, if they're so advanced as to have anti-gravity cars, why are the tv sets in black and white?

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Planet 51, on the Netflix internetal web gizmo that only my kid can operate. Visually stunning and very clever. I stopped trying to remember all the movie references. SPOILER Hey, if they're so advanced as to have anti-gravity cars, why are the tv sets in black and white?

and why do they think the universe is only 500 miles wide? :)

Watched Papillon last night. Brilliant

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Not a movie, per se, but a documentary called The Last Best Hope. About a WW2 American pilot who went down in Belgium, and how the Belgian Resistance helped him. What was really great about it was that he went back years later - in 2005 or so, I believe - and met a bunch of the people that had been instrumental in keeping him safe (though the Gestapo caught him in the end). Amazing story.

Here's a link: http://www.alpheusmedia.com/lastbesthope/home.html

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Watched most of The Illusionist (again) with my teens yesterday. Picked up the new True Grit on DVD yesterday, watched just the special features with my dd so far. I saw it in the theater when it first came out, but the kids haven't seen it yet.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I thought the Illusionist was good.
Great effects too.
Wally, the Netflix for PS3 or Wii is awesome. Plenty of old Sci-Fi films, Film Noirs, etc.
They also have a huge HD section that has some older movies.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Smoking Aces.
I really really liked it. I thought it was just going to be some mindless shoot'em up movie, but a 100 min movie with that much back story was just so much fun to get into!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80