Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

wahine

Practically Family
Thin man movies are fun! One thing that always comes to mind when I think of those flicks is that...nearly every scene with Nick and Nora...they always have a drink in their hand. Lol!
As someone once said, Oh I miss those times when alcoholism was a normal part of entertainment. (I think it might have been Jerry Stiller in KOQ when watching a Rat Pack show.)

Last night, I watched Imitation of Life, the remake of 1959. I haven't seen the original yet, but they say the remake is better.
That sort of fits into the "accent thread", too. The 'accent' Juanita Moore has (and Susan Kohner in one mock scene) can't be translated. So, in the German version, they all speak the same way, as usual. That's why I watched it in English.

Last edited:

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Speaking of the Rat Pack; Ocean's Twelve and Thirteen (the rat Pack version) will be airing soon. I've got the DVR set to record them!

Gotta luv Dean Martin! =)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Currently watching Fast Times At Ridgemont High. I hate that the broadcast TV version is filled with tons of deleted scenes, which were deleted for a reason.

Norumbega

One of the Regulars
I watched Robert Redford's, "The Conspirators," based on the Lincoln assassination. Robin Wright was superb as Mary Surratt.....ditto James McAvoy as her lawyer, Frederick Aiken and Kevin Klein as Edwin Stanton.
Costuming, hairstyles, dialect....all were first rate. Filmed in Savannah-----wonderful backdrop.

DNO

One Too Many
The Assassination of Jesse James had such a great sense of tension through the entire movie...great film.

I just watched The King's Speech for the first time. Ah! That's why Colin Firth won the award for best actor. That was one well-deserved award. Quite the film.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Limitless with Bradley Cooper. Intriguing concept, but I admit, I didn't like it...the main character simply got away with too much.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Heck of a title. Heck of a flick.

I read somewhere that Brad Pitt only agreed to star if the entire (admittedly awkward) title was retained.

It's a great film, and a VERY interesting meditation on fame and legend. Great work by an outstanding cast. And it's gorgeous - Roger Deakins' cinematography is beyond awesome. My only complaint is that it's a little too long: Jesse is offscreen for nearly the entire second act, and it drags. But the film's final third (especially the amazing last 15 minutes) makes up for it.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
The boys picked Machine Girl for our movie this weekend. Ugh. Japanese grindhouse. Very very gory and none of it made sense (not because of the language barrier ... it was just nonsensical). They loved it, however.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Peter Jackson King Kong. Haven't seen it for a couple of years. Great fun. Some gripping Jackson visuals that are sort of gripping visuals that don't necessarily advance the plot, i.e., the feral boy with the extended arm but not a pointing hand, and where did the impressive waterfalls of fire come from, and what's with the pupil-less completely white eyeballs of the twitching locals as Kong is summoned? The Kong vs. three dinos battle is spectacular.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tucker and Dale VS Evil
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0hJSCqqIs4[/video]
I rented it from iTunes. It's going to be in theaters next month. Very funny. A lot of in jokes for people who like horror movies.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto