Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I thought Sinatra did a good job, but he has his detractors, too...Recently saw The Undying Monster (1942), Fox's version of The Wolfman. It really looked like a Universal Production, and in some ways was better than a lot of what the latter studio was producing in the early-'40s. The werewolf is not seen until the end of the film, and even then just in a couple of long shots.

Probably a budget ploy, unless it was Val Lewton producing...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Desert Rats" - With Richard Burton. Pretty good flick, B&W. James Mason reprises his role as Irwin Rommel which was a nice bit of work. Burton's performance varies wildly in this one, but he gets it right in the end. Well worth the hour-45.

Worf

PS Good to see ya Butte... miss you ole man!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I pinched a nerve in my back so I had a little time to catch up on some recorded movies. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Enter The Dragon and How To Train Your Dragon. As you can see, no real theme. Actually, the first and last movie have the most in common, I almost quit watching them in the first half hour, but am glad I finished them!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Les Miserables" - The 1933 Fredrich March version. Never saw it before... I do like also the 50's version with Michael Rennie playing right now on TCM. Thank God for that channel.

Worf

JonnyO

A-List Customer
"Les Miserables" - The 1933 Fredrich March version. Never saw it before... I do like also the 50's version with Michael Rennie playing right now on TCM. Thank God for that channel.

Worf
Completely forgot that was on, I planned on watching it too. You're right about TCM Worf, I have been watching nothing but the last 3 days.

JustFine

New in Town
I recently saw one of my favorite movies ever - 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' - and everytime I am seeing it, I fall in love with Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman again. Amazing masterpiece! I also watched 'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf'...absolutely recommendable!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Completely forgot that was on, I planned on watching it too. You're right about TCM Worf, I have been watching nothing but the last 3 days.

Quite simply put... If the gods of Television said you could have one channel and ONLY ONE channel for eternity TCM would be my pick. Where else can you see Serials from the 30's, Grade B horse operas, Grade Z 50's Sci Fi, silent film classics, foreign masterpieces AND the best Hollywood has to offer without one ounce of commercials EVER! It just don't git no better. God Bless you Ted Turner.... (Slurps down a slug o' rye whiskey)

Worf

DesertDan

One Too Many
I pinched a nerve in my back so I had a little time to catch up on some recorded movies. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Enter The Dragon and How To Train Your Dragon. As you can see, no real theme. Actually, the first and last movie have the most in common, I almost quit watching them in the first half hour, but am glad I finished them!

"How To Train Your Dragon" is one of my grandson's favorite movies (he's 3). I've watched it so many times I can probably quote it line by line.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
"How To Train Your Dragon" is one of my grandson's favorite movies (he's 3). I've watched it so many times I can probably quote it line by line.
Thanks, once is enough! I did not know it was a kids movie when I recorded it. Still, the three movies made that day go by fast and kept me off my feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo