Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

mikepara

Practically Family
Last I saw at the Cinema The Great Gatsby. I must have been unique in the Cinema. sad to say I didn't actually know the story of TGG before I saw it. Last Film watched was The Spy Who Came Out Of The Cold with Richard Burton. Superb, I love spy stories.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Dial 1119 (1950, MGM), with Marshall Thompson, Virginia Field, Andrea King, Sam Levene, Leon Ames, and William Conrad (as "Chuckles"). Story about an emotionally-void, convicted murderer who escapes from his mental hospital, kills again, and then takes a small group of people hostage in a bar. Thompson's character blames the Army for making him a killer, but his motivation is actually something else indeed, something which is not revealed until the last 10 minutes by psychiatrist Levene. Good performances all around, especially by Thompson.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hotel Transylvania. Makes me miss the old hand done animation! The only reason I watched it was, it was raining out side and I could not spray paint some motorcycle parts I needed.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Dial 1119 (1950, MGM), with Marshall Thompson, Virginia Field, Andrea King, Sam Levene, Leon Ames, and William Conrad (as "Chuckles"). Story about an emotionally-void, convicted murderer who escapes from his mental hospital, kills again, and then takes a small group of people hostage in a bar. Thompson's character blames the Army for making him a killer, but his motivation is actually something else indeed, something which is not revealed until the last 10 minutes by psychiatrist Levene. Good performances all around, especially by Thompson.

WB, where are you getting this string of noirs? Netflix? Red Box? You're posting some stuff of which I have never heard...

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Did I already post that I watched Pygmalion on Friday? 1938, dir. Anthony Asquith and Leslie Howard, introducing Wendy Hiller as Eliza. AA for best screenplay. Hard for (my) American ears to follow some of the high-speed English conversations. It was fun picking up bits and pieces of story or dialogue that turned into song for the musical.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
WB, where are you getting this string of noirs? Netflix? Red Box? You're posting some stuff of which I have never heard...

Wally, they're almost all exclusively on YouTube, believe it or not. Just watched Outside the Wall (1950) with Richard Basehart as a recently released prisoner who has no experience with women, and who wants to go straight, but gets involved with a nurse who has a dollar sign for a heart. I think you'd like it; I'll give it a fuller review on the Lounge later on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner