Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

Naysayer. :p
Because I got a copy of it.
It wasn't bad, and it was the last movie of Iron Eyes Cody.
He was the Indian you saw on the commercials in the 70's, crying about litter.
Nice guy actually.
Oh sure, many people question the Ernest movies, but they made the studio a lot of money.
Adjusted for inflation, the top 3 movies he did plus the other lesser known ones brought in a total of $148mil.
KnowwhatImean?:D
What most people don't know, is that Varney was at the genius level.
This character was just something he came up with, and actually one that started gaining a lot of traction in Nashville TN, when "Purity" dairies too notice.
His commercials can probably be found online.
Ernest Goes To Camp is okay, Ernest Saves Christmas is better, Ernest Goes To Jail is really funny, and Ernest Scared Stupid is a riot. To each his own though.
Sadly because of smoking (some claims are 4 packs a day) he left us way too soon.

Naysayer. :p
Because I got a copy of it.
It wasn't bad, and it was the last movie of Iron Eyes Cody.
He was the Indian you saw on the commercials in the 70's, crying about litter.
Nice guy actually.
Oh sure, many people question the Ernest movies, but they made the studio a lot of money.
Adjusted for inflation, the top 3 movies he did plus the other lesser known ones brought in a total of $148mil.
KnowwhatImean?:D
What most people don't know, is that Varney was at the genius level.
This character was just something he came up with, and actually one that started gaining a lot of traction in Nashville TN, when "Purity" dairies too notice.
His commercials can probably be found online.
Ernest Goes To Camp is okay, Ernest Saves Christmas is better, Ernest Goes To Jail is really funny, and Ernest Scared Stupid is a riot. To each his own though.
Sadly because of smoking (some claims are 4 packs a day) he left us way too soon.

Gee, I actually agree with one of your movie choices. lol lol

rjb1

Practically Family
I never cared for the Ernest movies - a bit too much of Ernest for me - but being from Nashville I saw his earliest commercials for a local amusement park - and they were truly inspired and hilarious. In small doses he was great... Also, he did do a lot for local charities and other good causes here locally.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
In small doses, but for me that would be 2hrs.
Yes he did a lot for local charities and it's sad he left too early.
As I said before, I love his Purity Products commercials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui