Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up

Mwa ha ha!

Hollow Volcano.... Check!
Tired scheme to get Russia, China and the U.S. to start throwing missiles at each other... Check!
Vast number of minions dressed in laughably comic uniforms and who can't hit their plate with a fork.... Check!
Beautiful femme fatale who CAN'T WAIT to betray me to James Bond (what does he have?)..... Check!
Sufficient funds to rebuild said lair after the inevitable fire, explosions and hideous death..... Check!

If I forgot anything let me know!!!!

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Mwa ha ha!

Hollow Volcano.... Check!
Tired scheme to get Russia, China and the U.S. to start throwing missiles at each other... Check!
Vast number of minions dressed in laughably comic uniforms and who can't hit their plate with a fork.... Check!
Beautiful femme fatale who CAN'T WAIT to betray me to James Bond (what does he have?)..... Check!
Sufficient funds to rebuild said lair after the inevitable fire, explosions and hideous death..... Check!

If I forgot anything let me know!!!!

Worf

Don't forget the painfully slow laser! [video=youtube;U1TmeBd9338]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TmeBd9338[/video]

tumblr_lq6ufjj6Oz1qjt2pno1_500.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Raven" - B-Minus - I enjoyed the hell out of this one. It was far better than expected and it deserved a far better fate in the movie houses. Good, believable action, great costumes, decent dialogue and I did NOT figure out the whole thing before the second reel. Glad I rented this one.

Worf

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Crash of the Moons, a la MST3K. Yeah, I'm probably watching too much of those guys...
Oh there is never too much MST3K.
By season 3 they were hitting on all cylinders.
Initially I was a Joel era only fan, but over the years I've come to appreciate Mike's style.
COTM...the Rocky Jones serial.
Bobby, they should have jettisoned him right after lift off. :D

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The Big Sleep, (1945 version)

Bogey & Bacall...

I just watched the 1945 cut that was at one time the earlier unreleased version shown to soldiers overseas.

I like the extended scenes that show Bogey (Marlowe) doing his detective work. Makes more sense for me.

2jg9pqu.png

I do like both versions.

25tent4.jpg

This is a version I made in sepia & included all my favorite scenes
into one version. I also have it in " living" B & W as well...

"The Raven" - B-Minus - I enjoyed the hell out of this one. It was far better than expected and it deserved a far better fate in the movie houses. Good, believable action, great costumes, decent dialogue and I did NOT figure out the whole thing before the second reel. Glad I rented this one.

Worf
Which one? The 1935 version with Karloff and Lugosi, the 1963 version with Karloff, Price, and Lorre, or...?

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Kubrick's "The Killing" from 1956 with Jay C Flippen, Sterling Hayden (I'd only recalled seeing him in "the Godfather"), Elisha Cook Jr., and others. I watched this after the family had all gone to bed. I'm surprised I didn't wake someone up as I was laughing so hard at the end.

Moral of the story: Crime Does Not Pay, and if you want Crime to Pay - make sure you've got decent tires on your car and buy a good suitcase at the luggage store, not a sorry looking one at the pawn shop.

Mr Oldschool

One of the Regulars
Just finished Cagney's Blood On The Sun, which was surprisingly exciting considering it doesn't get much mention anymore. Of course, you have to get around the typical old movie hang-up of white people portraying asians, but for the most part is didn't get too racist. I imagine people might object to the depiction of General Tojo and Baron Tanaka though. I'm now immersed in Something to Sing About, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. They don't make 'em like Cagney anymore...

cw3pa

A-List Customer

"Secret of the Incas" in English. Charlton Heston as Harry Steele; "Indy" before Indiana Jones was cool. Thomas Mitchell plays the bad guy, and gets his just desserts in the end. You can definitely see this film's influence on the Raider films. There is even the reflected light scene to disclose the hiding place of the sought after artifact.

Last edited:

"Secret of the Incas" in English. Charlton Heston as Harry Steele; "Indy" before Indiana Jones was cool. Thomas Mitchell plays the bad guy, and gets his just desserts in the end. You can definitely see this film's influence on the Raider films. There is even the reflected light scene to disclose the hiding place of the sought after artifact.

You forgot the weird singing part. :p
Yes it is the Indy ripoff movie. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24