Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sam_Marlow_PI said:
one of the most hilarious movies ive seen..."...they loved him up and turned him into a h-h-horny toad..." lol lol

"Lots of respectable people have been hit by trains...What was I gonna tell them, that you got sent to the penal farm and I divorced you from shame? "

"This stew is real good..."
"I slaughtered this horse bout' three days ago. Think the meats about to turn."

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"

Near bout' every line is gold :D

LD

Antje

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
"Lots of respectable people have been hit by trains...What was I gonna tell them, that you got sent to the penal farm and I divorced you from shame? "

"This stew is real good..."
"I slaughtered this horse bout' three days ago. Think the meats about to turn."

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"

Near bout' every line is gold :D

LD

"I don't want goddamne fop I want dapper dan, I'm a dapper dan man",

I just love the way he is caring about his hair

Antje

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Watched The Illusionist for the second time the other night.

I must say I really like this film, worth a look see if you haven't seen it.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Last night, we caught "Blue Collar" on TV. It's a not-so-great film from 1978 (ew) with Richard Pryor and Harvey Keitel. Not the finest piece of work by either of them, but still some interesting commentary about scraping to get by, trade union corruption, and the price of ambition.

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
The World, The Flesh, and The Devil with Harry Belafonte, Mel Ferrer, and the beautiful Inger Stevens. A great movie from 1959! Harry Belafonte is a miner trapped in a mine. When his rescuers never come after days of waiting, he digs himself out and emerges in a world where everyone has disappeared, suggestively from a nuclear war. He meets up with Inger in New York, and a love begins to grow. They are interrupted in the building of their relationship by Mel Ferrer, and tensions increase between the last men on Earth over the last woman. Excellent film!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Just watched "Heat" for the third time as it was on telly here.

I just love this movie, one of the very, very best of the '90s.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I just watched 'Tsotsi,' a very dramatic South African film about a young thug from a Johannesburg ghetto whose life changes after stealing a car from a rich woman and down the road discovering that her baby is in the back seat. It has some violent scenes, but it's worth it to see the guy's emotional transformation as he tries to take care of the infant in the short period of time before he's arrested.

zaika

One Too Many
Last night I watched the first half of The Invisible Ray (1936) starring Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi on TCM. Halfway through it I switched to the show I'd been waiting for all week. Then when that was done, got distracted by the awful mess that is Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The constant screaming got on my nerves but I couldn't turn it off. Why is that I wonder?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Notice how in Invisible Ray, they couldn't make up their mind whether Paris was a real, 1936 city or a period city? Some scenes and characters looked totally Victorian, but mixed in with 30s looking people and stuff. As nobody would ever have said in 1936, "Wassupwiddat?"

zaika

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Notice how in Invisible Ray, they couldn't make up their mind whether Paris was a real, 1936 city or a period city? Some scenes and characters looked totally Victorian, but mixed in with 30s looking people and stuff. As nobody would ever have said in 1936, "Wassupwiddat?"

Actually? I DID notice that!! I remember thinking...hey...wait a minute...

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
Has anyone seen Mirrormask? It is one of the most original movies I have watched lately. It's all done with CGI or green screen or whatever...it's amazing, I suggest making it the next movie you rent.

mirrormask.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Well- I love McCabe. Great movie, you can really feel the cold of the winter.

But, it loses a lot on the small screen. There's so much going on in the background that you just can't see or hear without it being in a movie theater. I was lucky to see it when it came through town last year at the AFI.

This was my first time seeing blade runner. I was thoroughly impressed. Great plot, beautiful new print. Cool and cohesive look to the movie. Pretty hard to fault. We saw it at the uptown, a restored, 850 seat deco theater from 1936, with a '60s era 40'x70' curved screen. The place was empty. Probably less than 20 people in the entire place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart