Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Corto

A-List Customer
INDIANA JONES

I just saw it too...Tons of fun...I'm very glad that Karen Allen bucked the prevailing Hollywood trend and didn't mutilate her face with plastic surgery.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Just saw IJ IV. My boss wanted to see it and offered to take me along.

Lots of fun, as all the IJ movies are. Better than ToD, on par with Raiders, but I don't think I'd hold it up to Last Crusade. Lots of little shocks and gags which play into the other films. There were bits and pieces that I felt could have been far better if they had stayed away from Hollywood kitsch or pandering to pop culture, but it doesn't kill the rest of the movie.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:
The shock of finding out who Mutt's mom is was lost, unfortunately, but for those going into it blind, it'll be good.

Fun movie, go see it. Then, if you haven't yet, go see Ironman...which is better. :D

Hondo

One Too Many
New Indiana Jones

Thanks guys for not being spoilers. ;)
I love the way bad guys welcome Indy,
"We've been expecting you, Dr. Chones" lol :eusa_clap
Hope to see soon :)

Panache

A-List Customer
The last movie I watched was "The Bishop's Wife". Wrong time of year, but maybe any movie with Cary Grant in is always appropriate.

Charming movie

Cheers

Jamie

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BJBAmerica said:
My Dog Skip.....Great movie, based on a true story, set in 1940's Mississippi. A great movie the whole family can enjoy, I highly recommend it!!!

I've never read My Dog Skip, but am currently reading a later book by the same author, titled "My Cat Spit McGee", in which there is a mention of this movie, set in small-town wartime Mississippi. Was thinking of checking it out - glad to hear it's good.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Twilight said:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
I didn't enjoy it much. [huh]

Hmmm... Good to know. My 8yo is a Narnia freak but perhaps we'll wait until it hits the drive in

I just re-watched "Glengary Glenross" and it's still just as great as the first time. It has that 80's neon-heavy look but wet pavement looks so great with neon in nite shots! In honor of the film I'm changing my signature to the great Pacino quote:

"Nevah open your mouth, until you know the shot."

...ah :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Just came home from watching Indiana Jones.. It was great fun and a good film, but I loved the first three better. There was a lot of great costumes, settings and vehicles.. I don't want to say too much, don't want to spoil anything for thse who haven't seen it yet..

A.R. McVintage

Lady Day said:
The Mist (2007)
:confused:

Fascinating exercise in mob mentality, but why did the monsters look like insects with skulls? :eusa_doh:

LD

Several reasons:

1) Creatures with vaguely human parts are disturbing (see also Geiger, H.R.: Alien films).

2) They're supposed to be from a Lovecraft dimension, so it makes 'em creepy.

3) There's also "End of Days" symbolism in them; Locusts in Revelation are described to be huge, with the heads of men, and stings that torment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112