Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Saw the watchmen a good movie but it could have been great with a better soundtrack. Just my opinion.

One more thing, I never thought of myself as a prude, but whoa... as these R movies progress I wouldn't be surprised if they have hardcore sex scenes soon.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Burnt Offerings (77)
Curiously, this is my family's favorite vacation movie. It's about a vacationing family renting an amazing old falling down house, but it turns them all evil, kills the husband and child, and eats the mother's soul.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
LILIES OF THE FIELD (1963) 6.5/10

Hard to believe I'd never seen this movie and while it's a pleasant diversion, with Jerry Goldsmith's score eminently listenable (it's fun to hear the HOUR OF THE GUN similarities), the movie is no masterwork. IMO Poitier should not have won Best Actor over Albert Finney. Oh well.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Cold Comfort Farm "Stella" cast in this production from the 1990's now available on DVD

cold-comfort-9622.gif

beckinsale_coldcomfortfarmw.jpg

225827.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WinoJunko said:
Just saw 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' and I got to say that I loved it! Its going down as one of my favourite funny films!

Die! Die! Die!

I... can't.

It was sweeter than I was expecting.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
TULSA (1949) 4/10

I watched this because Susan Hayward is in it and she is the best thing about this by-the-numbers tale. The print must be public domain because the one TCM aired was washed out and damaged.

Edward

Bartender
Son_of_Atropos said:
Saw the watchmen a good movie but it could have been great with a better soundtrack. Just my opinion.

Horses for courses, as you say.... the soundtrack was pretty much perfect, in my opinion, including, as it did, most (I think all) of the songs referenced in the original graphic novel. Particularly enjoyed the .... oh, what were they called, some young people's pop band.... My Chemical Romance(?) take on Desolation Row over the end credits: shows exactly how well a good song will translate into a different genre arrangement.

One more thing, I never thought of myself as a prude, but whoa... as these R movies progress I wouldn't be surprised if they have hardcore sex scenes soon.

With the advent of the internet, I become even more intolerant of sex scenes in Hollywood movies. It's a simple case of "I can see breasts at home on the internet, if I want - I've come out here and paid for a good story!" I didn't personally find the sex scene in Watchmen to be very explicit - it's much more suggested than in many mainstream releases - but that said, I did feel it could be trimmed to be much shorter, as really, beyond the suggestion of the sex (an important plot detail both in the developing relationship between Nite Owl and Silk Spectre II, but also in relation to NO's comments about feeling emasculated since retiring as a costumed hero, the failed attempt as sexual congress, with 'it' only happening after they've returned to runnnig about in a costume and thumping people....), it doesn't add anything more to the narrative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails