Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
"Due out later this year "Piranha" in 3d ouch....... the original (1978) was scary enough"

piranha-poster.jpg

Oh that will be superb, I remember seeing the trailer now. I hope they don't have the Piranhas with legs from Piranhas 2.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Quigley Brown said:
I watched The Shawshank Redemption (for about the umpteenth time) early this morning. I found this interesting bit a trivia that made me chuckle:

The American Humane Association monitored the filming of scenes involving Brooks' crow. During the scene where he fed it a maggot, the AHA objected on the grounds that it was cruel to the maggot, and required that they use a maggot that had died from natural causes. One was found, and the scene was filmed.
:eusa_doh: [huh] shakeshead

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Impact (1949) a very fun late Noir film with Brian Donlevey and the smokin' hot Ella Raines.

My favorite line of the movie:
Lt. Quincy: "You speakee English?"
Ah Sing: "Yes, also Mandarin, French, German, and Hebrew."

anon`

One Too Many
"Metropolis"

I find the ending to be something of a let down, as opposed to, say, the (original Director's Cut?) of "Blade Runner", where nothing is actually resolved. It suits the dystopian feeling so much better.

But I love the score.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Watched 'Sargeant York' (1941) on TCM last night. It has some great quotes in it. One of my favorites is Alvin telling him mom: ' I'm gonna *get* us a piece of bottom land!'

Hondo

One Too Many
Argee said:
Watched "Somewhere in Time" with my girlfriend.

I like were you add "With my girlfriend" You sir are the man! :eusa_clap
I wouldn't watch it alone either ;)

I just saw "Role Models" :eusa_doh:
Although uneven, story, it did have its moments, laughs! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy