Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Feraud

Bartender
Lady Day said:
No I havent seen it, but I have seen promo pics of it. Eh.

LD
"Eh" is generous for Knight Rider. :)
I saw it and found boring and adolescent in tone. The Ford commercials in between the one long Ford commercial (the show itself) were horrid enough to drive me mad.

Jovan

Suspended
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

Even though it's supposed to follow the continuity of the movie, they took a lot of liberties. It seems to be an everyday occurrence for people to wield Way-Advanced-Technology, and the "hip" Peter Parker of this series hardly resembles the nerdy one of the movie. Speaking of which, I found it amusing that Flash Thompson still threatened him -- multiple times! -- after getting his rear end utterly handed to him in the movie. Go figure. [huh] The other two movies ignore this series altogether because it was ultimately unsuccessful.

Regardless, Neil Patrick Harris was actually a good Peter and the guest stars were nice. I found myself wishing there was a little more closure... this take on the saga was interesting and surprisingly mature.

celtic

A-List Customer
I've been wathing the DVD set of the cancelled show "Freaks and Geeks"

does that count?

On KR: word around the KITT-builder boards is that the old show with the Knight 2000 (Trans Am) is far superior to the new and the Knight 3000 (Rustang)... the "Attack Mode" is just another version of the Silly Popout Mode that helped kill the series in Season 4. Let's hope Glen Larson exercises more "creative control" when the big-screen version arrives and has the good sense to bring back the real KITT, rather than using the Ford knockoff...

BH

Twitch said:
Ahh! The Beverly Hillbillies on TV Land!:D
In either the first or second episode Miss Hathaway is asking about Jethro Bodean, as Jed mentioned Jethro went to Oxford. (Oxford by them not in England as Miss Hathaway is thinking.)

Miss Jane then askes if Jethro is an Eaton man.

To which Jed replies, "yes I'd say he's an eatin' man!"

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
Not exactly a broadcast but I caught an episode of Foyle’s War on PBS one night recently and was hooked. Unfortunately no more episodes were scheduled this month. My wife found the series is available at our public library. Now we can't wait to get home in the evening to watch the next episode. If time allows we watch two episodes in on sitting. My wife is not a fan of WW II, but the story lines has her hooked and it is beginning to stir some interest in the time period, clothing etc. Two thumbs WAY up.:eusa_clap

Flivver

Practically Family
I watched a great documentary on Jack Benny two nights ago. It was done in 1992 and is called "Jack Benny: Comedy in Bloom".

It was aired on my local PBS station (New Hampshire Public Television) so check your local listings.

CharlesB

Suspended
Spiffy said:
I must agree. Tennant wears Chuck Taylors with a suit. I am helpless and giggly when confronted with a guy wearing Chuck Taylors and a suit.

actually Im guilty of doing that more than most and my mother still yells at me or it when we get together

merkman

Familiar Face
"Top Gear" on BBC America, best car show ever.

"Lost" just to drive ourselves crazy!:eek:

"Las Vegas" for the T&A..........:D

Twilight

Familiar Face
CharlesB said:
sorry but Tennant>Eccleston
I quite agree with you.
The Eccleston episodes just happened to be on while I was channel surfing, so I watched them. :p

Anyway, the last TV show I watched was Cash Cab.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Jovan said:
Hehe. That is the only facet that bugs me about his wardrobe. I'm such a snob. lol

I want the wardrobe that he digs his clothes out of in the TARDIS.

Watching the first season of Veronica Mars this week while my roomates are on break. I usually can manage a few episodes between getting back from the set and passing out at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner