Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Greatest American Hero

I love the RTN channel. (retro television network)
Lets me go back to my childhood. All the old tv shows. So good, so good.
I used to pretend I could fly, but better than Ralph, of course.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
We have TeleToon retro, which is great! Rocky N Bullwinkle, The Jetsons, Loony Toons, The Raccoons, Fat Albert, etc. So much fun to watch

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just finished the second season of Dexter.

OH MY goodness! Did I HATE the 'recovery girlfriend' Lola. She was nails on a chalkboard!!!!

Other then her, I dug it. It was a fun continuation of the show, and got Dexter out of his head (so to speak) for season 3.

Yay.

LD

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
They just got HDTV up at the 'rents'. After lunch today we watched HGTV (House & Garden) with a show called If Walls Could Talk, which is basically History Detectives for houses.

One house had had a privately owned museum in the attic, assembled by a beloved neighborhood "pops" who collected and exhibited things as a kind of lifelong self-education. Another had been a crew facility for a long gone railroad, moved a block or two off the tracks, with the paymaster's safe (which weighed too much to move) left inside.

Got me to thinking that our old house in Iowa, designed by the builder in the 1930s in International Style, might be worth a show. I said to my mom, "It'll have to look like a bandbox." She said, "I can do that!"

59Lark

Practically Family
obessed with ncis.

Since they dont play jag reruns on history channel anymore are new toy is ncis. Which is produced by the same people as jag and has a similar feel and i like jethro. I also enjoy seeing one of the original actors from man from uncle still on tv working. I am also one of these hooked on old shows, emergency , jag, and murder she wrote. Am buying these on dvds and also the love boat. Now you say gag, no my eldest says it best mindless entertaintment that makes you laugh and forget your troubles. thats all folks dont forget too keep yours forks the best is for last. lol

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Agatha Christie's Poirot

- I am currently watching 'The Adventure of the Clapham Cook' and will then enjoy 'Murder in the Mews'.

Loving Captain Hastings' fedora!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Two Gun Bob said:
- I am currently watching 'The Adventure of the Clapham Cook' and will then enjoy 'Murder in the Mews'.

Loving Captain Hastings' fedora!

Oh enjoy! I must say I prefer Poirot over Marple, but she is more than alright when there is nothing more exciting on.

Herr Hitman

One of the Regulars
I just finished the History Channel series about Barbarians that I had on my DVR. I regularly watch The Office, The Tudors, Dexter, Heroes and I got into Pushing Daisies over the fall.

anon`

One Too Many
59Lark said:
Since they dont play jag reruns on history channel anymore are new toy is ncis. Which is produced by the same people as jag and has a similar feel and i like jethro. I also enjoy seeing one of the original actors from man from uncle still on tv working. I am also one of these hooked on old shows, emergency , jag, and murder she wrote. Am buying these on dvds and also the love boat. Now you say gag, no my eldest says it best mindless entertaintment that makes you laugh and forget your troubles. thats all folks dont forget too keep yours forks the best is for last. lol
Ha! I love it--NCIS is one of the few (and by few, I mean five or six) shows I ever care enough to go out of my way to catch. Abby is far and away my favourite character, though :D

I've always liked Bellisario's shows. I think it was growing up watching Airwolf that did it for me ;)

Now, to answer the original question: I just finished watching an episode of Ax Men that a friend taped for my folks. This particular episode is the first of at least two that cover the flooding back in December, all over NW Oregon & SW Washington. I never get to watch the show (the History Channel is one of about three basic cable channels I care about, but not so much to justify the cost of actually getting cable), but I still think it's great--mostly because all four crews are local, and I know most of the areas the show is shot in.

Agreed on Airwolf, and occasionally I catch NCIS around the pizza-joint--we'll have to disagree on characters, though, as I'm biased toward Ziva. (Maybe it's the whole "kindred spirit" thing, since we're both crazy, highly-instinctive triggerhappy gun-nuts...:eek: lol )

Usually end up catching SVU afterward, also... (as long as my tab's running, the manager's quite happy to let me wire in and work on the laptop, and even to give me the employee discount.)

anon`

One Too Many
One of the things I really like about NCIS (really, why I keep coming back to it) is because of the quirks that each of the characters have. They don't really fit into any one traditional archetype (or worse, stereotype), and the interplay that the writers make with it is just fabulous, IMNSHO. It's just that Abby stands out amongst the rest, followed by Ziva & McGee. Go figure.
This whole ensemble bit does mean, however, that the show may have just jumped the shark for me at the end of the last season.

Ah well. There's always re-runs of Battlestar Galactica ;)

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We need a bigger boat.

I'm glad they killed off the one they did. I liked the whole anti-stereotype thing, especially with Abby when Tim discovered she sleeps in a flannel nightgown and a mobcap...then they had to go and wreck it by giving her a car. With skulls. And all the other Hot Topic goth crap. And having her mention S & M. Totally jumping the shark and out of the lovable character they'd so finely honed. Her car should have been a Geo Metro, anyway. Even TV Guide, which I get free, said they loved her car. Shame on you, TV Guide! My mom and I have discussed this at length. :)
The last TV show I watched was back-to-back reruns of Ghost Whisperer. They reminded me how much I'm glad they got her out of that wig, much as I love That Girl. I like this show and the way it's developing.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was the April 15th episode: the car was a 30s Ford hot rod, looked like, bright red. A cool car, of course, but my mom and I were on an anti-stereotype kick and it got our dander up. Now that I think about it I may be over-reacting; it's a cool car, but still not what I would've picked.

anon`

One Too Many
Actually, I might've seen that. At least, I seem to have some recollection of thinking about the Eliminator coupe while watching something, sometime.

I don't think it's too bad of an idea, but a Geo Metro certainly would've fit the character way better!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ShoreRoadLady said:
That site has been responsible for much procrastination and wasted time! :eusa_doh:

Then you should skip ShareTv.org

The 4400 season 4 :eusa_doh:

Why does every Sci-Fi show have to expand the world so large only to encompass a silly premise then go back to the original characters that the show was about anyway? This show jumped the shark early season 3

Im kinda glad USA didnt renew it (but disapointed that it turned so crappy).

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters