Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Twitch said:
Lost- but I'm getting lost with series per se. Even during normal seasons without strikes and huge gaps from episode to episode I am ambivilant when after sometimes several weeks a show returns and one must get up to speed with what was going on and who was doing what. Christmas breaks screw it up. Anticipation of sweeps weeks has repeats going to "save" new episodes and all that.

I say just run the number of episodes you got back to back and go on with it. They just drag it out when they could be airing a different show.:mad:

Don't even bother with watching shows in first run, I say; just wait for the DVD box sets and watch the episodes in the correct order, at your own pace. I don't own a TV anymore, and if I get another, it will be for Turner Classic Movies and no other reason.

Hondo

One Too Many
Patrick Murtha said:
Don't even bother with watching shows in first run, I say; just wait for the DVD box sets and watch the episodes in the correct order, at your own pace. I don't own a TV anymore, and if I get another, it will be for Turner Classic Movies and no other reason.

I feel exactly the same, today’s series doesn't make the cut, let’s think a spell, and the last truly good series I followed was NBC's The Profiler.
Since then zilch, I am renewing my interest in ROME the box set. :eusa_clap

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:
Lost- but I'm getting lost with series per se. Even during normal seasons without strikes and huge gaps from episode to episode I am ambivilant when after sometimes several weeks a show returns and one must get up to speed with what was going on and who was doing what. Christmas breaks screw it up. Anticipation of sweeps weeks has repeats going to "save" new episodes and all that.

I say just run the number of episodes you got back to back and go on with it. They just drag it out when they could be airing a different show.:mad:

I understand your frustration Twitch. I don't generally watch much telly buy my fiancée and I began watching Lost, saw the first season, loved it, began watching the second and got progressively more and more annoyed with it. Around about that time we heard it was going to be 10 seasons or something and gave up. It just seemed to go on and on, and I really don't know how many episodes I could watch of a bunch of people running around in the jungle. I know there are people who love it, but everyone I know that started watching it has given up now due to it going on and on. Personally I would've watched it if it had run 3 seasons or so, but I'm buggered if I am going to watch something for 10 years or so to find out what it's all about.

Shame, it was quite a nifty concept. Reminds me of a 1,000 page thriller that could've been edited down to 400.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
I can't remember where I heard this or when, but I'm pretty sure JJ Abrams said LOST was only going to be 5 seasons.

Anyway, re-started Six Feet Under to procrastinate studing for finals.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I am watching the Russia/Canada hockey game right now.. I feel so bad for all those who get hurt when they fight (even though it is almost part of the game) I just want to jump in and give them a hug and a bandaid :(

freebird

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I am watching the Russia/Canada hockey game right now.. I feel so bad for all those who get hurt when they fight (even though it is almost part of the game) I just want to jump in and give them a hug and a bandaid :(

I also like hockey, watched quite a bit of it this season. The last tv series I watched was 24 season 6. That was a year ago, the writers strike got in the way of season 7. Most of the time I bounce between TCM, Discovery Channel, Tru (ex-Courttv), the History channel, Bio, Nat Geo or the Military channel.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Tin Man from the SciFi channel on dvd.
I'm not sure how successful the Oz-reboot concept was, but I'm telling you that that witch-thing scared the bejeezus out of me. And I enjoy scary movies!! But apart from the witch, everyone seemed to be wearing A LOT of makeup. Including all the male characters. And not in a fun, "I'm playing a demon/alien so I have all this rubber stuff on my face, and oh, yeah, I'm blue" way but in a Miss America way.

But anyway, it was another one of those movies where I wanted to reach into the screen and borrow stuff from Zooey Deschanel's wardrobe. It was like; BAM, leather motorcycle jacket, BAM, high-waisted-wide-legged vintage trousers, BAM, retro-cute waitress outfit.

Sigh. I should start selecting my movies, based on story, not costume[huh]

zaika

One Too Many
i'm totally in love with "Rome" (waiting for season 1, disc 3 from 'flix as we speak). the actor who play julius ceaser (i don't remember his name...) is fabulous. and the commentary done by the writer (?) and historical consultant is pretty darn interesting, too.

also..."The Tudors" is hysterical...wait, no...johnathan rhys myers is hysterical. the costumes and sets are lovely. the story hasn't hooked me quite yet. i love the show...but it's just silly to me. i'm currently on season 1, disc 2.

and i started season 1 of "Deadwood" last night. i'm not sure if i like it, yet. i'm not sure if the people they're portraying were as crass as they are in the show (i'm no historian...), but the swearing and cussing is got to be a bit much by only the second episode. i'm no prude...but geez! anyway...i did like the actor who plays the physician, brad dourif. he is someone i've always enjoyed watching. and calamity jane is just awesome.

shepkatt

Familiar Face
I used to watch this television show when I was a kid called "My Partner the Ghost".. LOVED IT.. no one has ever heard of it. Recently found out it originated in England as "Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)" and have found DVD sets on Amazon.. So I have been re-watching all of these shoes that I remember from way back when.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm hooked on "Ghost Hunters" lately, also "I Survived" which is a new series on Bio. Anyone else watching either of these shows?
The "Ghost Hunters" show can get kinda creepy in a cool sort of way...

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Yep, I watch Ghost Hunters. You have no idea the amount of flack I get when people see my TiVo. (Damn college kids!) I'm also in the midst of Doctor Who series three, Weeds, Firefly and I'm stalled on the season finale for The Tudors and the series finale for Angel.

I'm trying to find a job for the summer, but meanwhile, I'm watching ridiculous amounts of televison.

Bubbly

New in Town
I watched LOST again last night and was just confused.

It's like soap operas. You miss a few episodes and you have no idea what's going on anymore!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
The LOST finale last night was mind blowingly amazing!!

Bubbly - catch up on episodes at abc.com, then you will be in the know ;)

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
zaika said:
i'm totally in love with "Rome" (waiting for season 1, disc 3 from 'flix as we speak). the actor who play julius ceaser (i don't remember his name...) is fabulous. and the commentary done by the writer (?) and historical consultant is pretty darn interesting, too.
Ciaran Hinds plays Ceasar, and I was IN LOVE with Ray Stevenson who played Titus Pullo. I was truly disappointed when it ended so quickly. I could have watched it for years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn