Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

442RCT

One of the Regulars
Tales of the Gold Monkey

Does watching DVDs of old TV shows count ?
Episodes of Jeremy Brett's, "Sherlock Holmes", and "Tales of the Gold Monkey"

Celia Crowson

Familiar Face
The Avengers - episode: something nasty in the nursery.
I do really like the 1960s series - rather tacky but great fun.

For some reason the character John Steed reminds me of the 1960s Batman villian The Penguin.... must be the nose.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Green Lantern:First Flight on Cartoon Network. Bruce Timm does it again!

green-lantern-first-flight-20090409111711759_640w.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
J. M. Stovall said:
Green Lantern:First Flight on Cartoon Network. Bruce Timm does it again!

green-lantern-first-flight-20090409111711759_640w.jpg

MMmmm, 2D......
That one is on my back burner ready to go but havent watched it yet. Im not a big GL fan, but mmmmmm, 2D.....

LD

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Celia Crowson said:
The Avengers - episode: something nasty in the nursery.
I do really like the 1960s series - rather tacky but great fun.

For some reason the character John Steed reminds me of the 1960s Batman villian The Penguin.... must be the nose.

Ah I remember that one I think Clive Dunn (Corp. Jones of Dad's Army) was in that one; it's impressive how many actors made cameos in The Avengers.

LordBest

Practically Family
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I avoided this like the plague back when it first came out, for various reasons. Having been roped into watching it with a certain female family member, I am now distressed to find it is actually quite watchable.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
"Chuck" on DVR....

I implore everyone - who can - to watch "White Collar" on USA Network, Tuesdays 10 pm EST. The main character, a con man who has been paroled to work for the FBI, dresses in a stingy brim fedora and "Sy Devore" suits...

jawisher

Familiar Face
LordBest said:

I avoided this like the plague back when it first came out, for various reasons. Having been roped into watching it with a certain female family member, I am now distressed to find it is actually quite watchable.

Don't feel bad. An old girlfriend did the same thing to me. I was really surprised to find myself become a big fan of the show.

'Firefly' was pretty good too...

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Yep. But was Sy Devore ever mentioned?

Yes, in the pilot and one later episode where Neal gives his name as Devore.

When Neal gets out of prison (in the pilot), he goes to a vintage shop to buy clothes and runs into a woman (played by Dianne Carroll) who is selling her late husband's suits - all made by Sy with whom with her husband played poker back in the day. They chat for a few seconds about the quality and style that is lost today.

Neal buys them all and she even offers him a guest room in her NYC mansion.

The first time his FBI handler sees him in a suit and stingy fedora, he says "You look like a cartoon." To which Neal scoffs, "This is Devore! Classic Rat Pack!"

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
CBS Sunday Morning. It's so out-of-the-loop, Chas. Osgood showed up in a 3pc and his usual bowtie.

Disappointing (it usually is somewhat these days).
- they did a tribute to their key demographic, the deceased, mentioning author Erich Segal and Glenn (Taco) Bell
- they profiled Nancy Myers, big Hollywood writer-director, making noise about her pioneering as a woman director
- BUT no mention of another woman pioneer - who passed this week - and did her work RIGHT AT CBS.

Buss%20Sullivan%20and%20Painter.jpg

Fran Buss started in television in 1941, and was directing by '45.
Of course, after Ed Sullivan and Don Hewitt arrived at CBS, the official story was that it all began in '48. That's "true" even now.
obit

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
LordBest said:

Yes, I am inclined to agree. The Librarian, Giles, has a nice collection of tweed.

I believe that the TV show "Dollhouse" is also done be this Whedon chap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner