Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Feraud said:
Agreed on that line. I thought it was hilarious!

Funny thing.. relationships and children generally sound the death knell for sitcoms but The Office has so far managed to avoid this. Although the Andy/Erie angle is pushing things..

This is the show's last season, isnt it? I mean, whats left? Andy and Erin is kinda fun, but eh.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Justified
The new FX series.
It was silly. They tired to use every southern vernacular they could then often explained them in the very next sentence, ie 'fryers' being fried chicken. The white supremacists where silly, comical, and you wonder how they could get away with what they have been getting away with because the other marshals were pretty cool and badass.

Drop in a remarried ex wife near by, moon shine, and un-googled back roads and youve apparently got a tv show! :eusa_doh:

LD

Feraud

Bartender
Lady Day said:
This is the show's last season, isnt it? I mean, whats left? Andy and Erin is kinda fun, but eh.

LD
I've not heard if it is the last season. What could the writers come up with to keep the pace going?[huh]

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Just watched that Indiana Jones spoof episode of Magnum P.I. (starring Tom Selleck) called "The Legend of the Lost Art." It was good, I really liked it, and spotted all of the references to Raiders of the Lost Ark in it. I think I'll watch some more episodes of this show, I already saw two, this one, and another one a long time ago, forgot the name.

Thing is, this actor, Tom Selleck, WAS indeed in the role of Indiana Jones for a while, but he had scheduling conflicts, and ended up doing Magnum P.I. instead. This episode can give you a bit of an idea of what he'd be like in the role, and I thought he was very good.

Mojito

One Too Many
They're finally airing "Desperate Romantics" down here, and I ADORE it! Never mind the fact that it gleefully gets fact completely wrong, and is totally unfair to Rossetti (whom I adore - my favourite artist) - it's just so much fun!

Professor

A-List Customer
"You Bet Your Life"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/OlSCSHLi8J4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/OlSCSHLi8J4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

NCIS marathon--musta sucked to be DiNozzo, finally looking like he's gonna score with a hot chick only to have "her" turn out to be the dude they're trying to bust in drag. I don't know which would be worse, that or Kate's ragging afterward...

Don't really like Tony D much, so I just laughed my head off. The reason I envy Gibbs? Getting to smack him upside the head...

I suspect in Perrette's case it's mental--"you're as old as you act". On the other hand, they say 40 is the new 20... it is surprising, I thought she was younger than Sasha Alexander (Kate) or Cote de Pablo (Ziva)--or even Sean Murray (McGee)!

McCallum, on the other hand, has done surprisingly well on the aging front considering when he started... although there's probably just a touch of help from Makeup Dept. too.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
[YOUTUBE]OU8ysRWwYmE[/YOUTUBE]

I Have been reacquainting my self with "Mapp & Lucia" twelve episodes of the classic E. F Benson books, set in the English Country of Tilling, in 1930, amazing costume design

cast.jpg

12588_3.JPG

whitedress3.jpg

mapp.JPG

12588_1.JPG

Mapp & Lucia is perhaps best described as an affectionate salute to British eccentricity. It is packed with larger than life characters, who treat seemingly innocuous occasions such as village fetes as if they were matters of life and death. Geraldine McEwan (currently incarnating Miss Marple) stars as Emmeline 'Lucia' Lucas, an unconventional widow who swoops upon her quaint village of Tilling, where she soon ousts Miss Mapp (Prunella Scales) as the reigning party hostess. Lucia and her fey companion Georgie (Nigel Hawthorne) are a seemingly unsinkable pairing, but Mapp doesn't give up that easily. McEwan and Hawthorne are a superb double-act. Babbling in baby-talk (using "me" instead of "I", "ickle" instead of "little"), their feigned innocence masks a rivalry, which comes to the fore in a hilarious piano duet which soon turns into a duel. Scales also excels as Lucia's formidable opponent, her faux bonhomie failing to conceal her self-centred rudeness. A stock of excellent character actors fill in the numerous supporting roles, but it's the joyous moments when Mapp and Lucia lock horns that make this wonderful series such a classic of British TV.

28356.JPG

vinspired

Familiar Face
My first post!
I haven't watched much television this week - last program I watched was "60 minutes" and their piece on WWI Hill 60. I am ashamed to say that I had not heard of the underground diggers til then.
It must have been terrorfying. I could only imagine the ever present darkness and not knowing if the person beside you was german (they could only tell by feeling the others lapel).
It will be interesting to see the movie when it comes out - Beneath Hill 60.
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/1031920/the-big-bang

It is also gratifying to know that the unmarked grave was finally found of the WWI ANZACs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner