Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

vinspired

Familiar Face
Sincerely-Dee said:
The last Doctor Who featuring David Tennant because unfortunately I was in Jamaica when it was first aired.

What do you think of the new Doctor?
I personally can't see Matt Smith as the new Doctor. David Tennant was marvellous as the Doctor.
But then again when David Tennant took over from David Eccleston as the Doctor I could not see it then either.
~ Only time will tell I guess :)

vinspired

Familiar Face
BinkieBaumont said:
I Have been reacquainting my self with "Mapp & Lucia" twelve episodes of the classic E. F Benson books, set in the English Country of Tilling, in 1930, amazing costume design

I have read only one of the "Mapp & Lucia" novels so far.
Is the adaptation to screen like the novels?
I am interested in buying the dvds - I guess if the costumes are great then that is enough reason to buy :)

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Vinspired , "Mapp and Lucia" combines all the books, its very good, I actually enjoyed it more than the books!!" it is available on DVD but you need a DVD player that reads all regions as it wont work on an Australian DVD player, unless you watch it on your Computer using VLC software"

16336-large.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My daughter (who is 9) and I have been on a HUGE Hogan's Heroes spree the past few days. Last night we watched an entire DVD - six episodes in all. I usually never watch t.v. like that, but I'm recovering from surgery, so I don't mind. Plus, I get a kick out of watching my daughter impersonate Colonel Klink. She is quite good at saying, "Dis-missed!"

LordBest

Practically Family
Watched the new Doctor Who, though him and the new companion to be excellent.

The Supersizers Eat... and The Supersizers Go... A rather interesting series of television programs illustrating various periods of British history through the lens of what people were eating. The Edwardian and Twenties episodes might be of interest to Loungers. A bit vulgar at times, but entertaining enough.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
'How the States got Their Shape' on the History Channel. Very interesting learning & history. Like the eastern portion of Tennessee was for about 4 years the State of Franklin. I always love learning about stuff like that, makes me a more well rounded person.

Cheers!

Dan

JennyLou

Practically Family
Im behind on TV shows. I can't watch them when they air so I wait for them to come out on Netflix. In watching season 3 of Mad Men and re-watching season 4 or Dexter.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Watched the new Doctor Who last night. I think he'll grow on me, but the companion bugs me... she seems to over act or something. But I'll give her more of a chance. Thought his style was a bit on the "David Tennant side." But hey... there are worse influences! Sadly, I fear an era has passed. But, again... I'm willing to give them a chance. For now... :D

Now... off to watch Doc Martin. Love me some Martin Clunes!;)

vinspired

Familiar Face
BinkieBaumont said:
Vinspired , "Mapp and Lucia" combines all the books, its very good, I actually enjoyed it more than the books!!" it is available on DVD but you need a DVD player that reads all regions as it wont work on an Australian DVD player, unless you watch it on your Computer using VLC software"

16336-large.jpg

Hiya BinkieBaumont - I just purchased Mapp and Lucia on ebay (from England). Now I am just awaiting its arrival.

xwray

Familiar Face
My last, other than whatever is on the History, Science, NatGeo, etc channels will be 24 tonight. It may soon be the last, period, since I doubt it will return for another season given the weaker stories of the last couple of seasons.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
xwray said:
My last, other than whatever is on the History, Science, NatGeo, etc channels will be 24 tonight. It may soon be the last, period, since I doubt it will return for another season given the weaker stories of the last couple of seasons.

I've read that the show has indeed been cancelled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner