Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

vinspired

Familiar Face
Last night I was mostly 'flicking' - funny, there are more tv channels on free to air here in Australia but nothing to watch!
While 'flicking' I saw the ending of a show that was talking about a show called 'Austalia's got talent' (something along those lines) and they showed a couple called the 'SwingChesters', they are an elderly swing dance couple the eldest being 84! From what I saw they were amazing - I want to learn swing so there is time for me yet!

anon`

One Too Many
00:00:00

Just watched the final episode of 24. Day eight did wonders to make up for days six and seven. I'm curious to see how they'll fork the film, but also a little apprehensive. I can only think of two instances where post-series movies turned out really, really well. Assuming it doesn't flop, I wouldn't mind seeing some solid back story filled in with films, as well.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
vinspired said:
Last night I was mostly 'flicking' - funny, there are more tv channels on free to air here in Australia but nothing to watch!
While 'flicking' I saw the ending of a show that was talking about a show called 'Austalia's got talent' (something along those lines) and they showed a couple called the 'SwingChesters', they are an elderly swing dance couple the eldest being 84! From what I saw they were amazing - I want to learn swing so there is time for me yet!

ah, yes.

Ron and Margaret Winchester. Real icons of the swing scene here in Melbourne.

and no, not too late to learn lindy hop :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just re-watched the original 1984 miniseries, V. I forgot how compelling it was.

Its newer revamp doesn't hold a flame to the original, even though season one did finally start the ball rolling at is season finale after a horrid season.

LD

Atomic

One of the Regulars
anon` said:
00:00:00

Just watched the final episode of 24. Day eight did wonders to make up for days six and seven. I'm curious to see how they'll fork the film, but also a little apprehensive. I can only think of two instances where post-series movies turned out really, really well. Assuming it doesn't flop, I wouldn't mind seeing some solid back story filled in with films, as well.

I dearly loved 24 up until Day 7. Day 7 turned into a marginally tactical soap opera. Redemption was great and would have loved for them to carry on in Africa, but no... I saw the first episode or two of Day 8 but wasn't really willing to get into it because 7 was so bad. I wish they'd kill Elisha Cuthbert.

I just resumed watching Mad Men. I bought seasons 1 and 2 a while ago and watched a bit of 1. Last night I popped in disk 4 after a few month break. I forgot how much I enjoyed the show.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
I just re-watched the original 1984 miniseries, V. I forgot how compelling it was.

Its newer revamp doesn't hold a flame to the original, even though season one did finally start the ball rolling at is season finale after a horrid season.

LD

How could I forget that one! I loved it, too! Since it came out originally, when I saw it in its entirety, I catch bits of it from time to time. Mousie, mousie...lol

I started to watch the "reimagining" but it didn't really hold my interest, except that I found the woman who played Anna incredibly gorgeous, with the most amazing posture and face (in the "they had faces then" sense). It's rare that post Golden-Era faces stick out for me. (Changing criteria, crappy photography...?) :eek:fftopic:

anon`

One Too Many
Atomic said:
I dearly loved 24 up until Day 7. Day 7 turned into a marginally tactical soap opera. Redemption was great and would have loved for them to carry on in Africa, but no... I saw the first episode or two of Day 8 but wasn't really willing to get into it because 7 was so bad. I wish they'd kill Elisha Cuthbert.
You know, you're not the first person I've heard voice that opinion about her character...

I think the show really started having troubles with Day 5 (which, along with Day 6, seems to have just recycled two earlier seasons). Day 7 was pretty bad, but Day 8 really started out and finished well, but was rather weak in the middle. No third-world frogmen infiltrating the White House, though!

I'm happily enjoying a new season of British rage on Hell's Kitchen. If live sports count, then I watched Chile defeat Honduras in their match this morning. Thanks to work and the lack of an English-language radio broadcast in the Portland market, I missed Switzerland's upset of Spain =/

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
I just watched some of Betty White's 1950s show "Life With Elizabeth" on YouTube. Such a well-done and funny show. And Betty, who is still pretty darned cute, was gorgeous. It's nice to see a TV wife who is smart and funny and more or less dignified (it is, after all, comedy). Somewhat different from, say, Lucy.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
bunnyb.gal said:
I started to watch the "reimagining" but it didn't really hold my interest, except that I found the woman who played Anna incredibly gorgeous, with the most amazing posture and face (in the "they had faces then" sense). It's rare that post Golden-Era faces stick out for me. (Changing criteria, crappy photography...?) :eek:fftopic:

bunnyb.gal, if you think Morena Baccarain looks good as Anna, you should check her out in the short-lived Firefly series! She is downright jaw-dropping in that. (Firefly is well worth seeing anyway, being an uniquely intelligent and amusing Western/SF hybrid that was literally too good for TV!)

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Doctor Strange said:
bunnyb.gal, if you think Morena Baccarain looks good as Anna, you should check her out in the short-lived Firefly series! She is downright jaw-dropping in that. (Firefly is well worth seeing anyway, being an uniquely intelligent and amusing Western/SF hybrid that was literally too good for TV!)

I second that motion - Never glommed on to the V redux but was happy to see Morena and Allan (Tudyk) from Firefly in it. I'd recommend the series as well. Kind of sci-fi with a dash of western, with wonderful costumes, locations, actors and a lot of memorable dialogue (English and Chinese).

Atomic

One of the Regulars
anon` said:
You know, you're not the first person I've heard voice that opinion about her character...

I think the show really started having troubles with Day 5 (which, along with Day 6, seems to have just recycled two earlier seasons). Day 7 was pretty bad, but Day 8 really started out and finished well, but was rather weak in the middle. No third-world frogmen infiltrating the White House, though!

I saw the first couple of episodes of day 8 and liked it, but didn't have much faith as to them keeping the season going strong. I might have to try to watch it just because I've seen all the others and if it ends well...

I have to agree with you on 5 & 6 starting to slow down and see recycled material, but they were still enjoyable to me. 7 Just fell flat on its face. I was really excited about Jack and Tony using a Maxpedition Gearsling bag in one of the episodes of Day 7, the very same bag I regularly use!

LordBest

Practically Family
Masterchef Australia. I took a lot of convincing to watch this, I must admit. Its a lot better than I thought it might be, and by all accounts it is doing wonders for the attitude to food in this country.

Doctor Who. Catching up on the current series. The ABC had the appalling gall to televise the show on the day I have to travel to university each week, thank heavens for Tivo.

vinspired

Familiar Face
A few nights ago I watched "Supersizers go... Wartime" on SBS.
It is a british show - 2 foodies explore WWII rationing for 1 week while living in a 40s house... I did learn a few things and I did laugh out loud a few times.

In the next episode they go back to the 1660s, shall be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner