Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Rock31

Familiar Face
NCIS - Endgame

"Anyone can achieve their fullest potential, who we are might be predetermined, but the path we follow is always of our own choosing. We should never allow our fears or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny can't be changed but, it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one."

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin," which I first saw and loved on PBS back in the 70s, and just recently rediscovered on DVD. I didn't get where I am today without recognizing a brilliant, uncompromising satire on corporate idiocy when I see it.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I don't watch much of the series Eureka, but did catch last night's episode this morning on dvr. A few of the cast ended up being pulled back through time to their town's founder's day in 1947. Prior to that, during WWII Eureka was a military camp. Nice suits, dresses, hats and military wear, along with swing music and dancing at the end. I'm certain the show will be replayed again this week, if not in future months in a recap of the season.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jennifer Lynn said:
I don't watch much of the series Eureka, but did catch last night's episode this morning on dvr. A few of the cast ended up being pulled back through time to their town's founder's day in 1947. Prior to that, during WWII Eureka was a military camp. Nice suits, dresses, hats and military wear, along with swing music and dancing at the end. I'm certain the show will be replayed again this week, if not in future months in a recap of the season.

I just watched that too, and it was so much fun. It was a great season opener. Way better than season 3. Ive watched the entire show and its just campy fun :)

The look of the episode was so cool. I liked the nurse's uniforms.

LD

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I was surprised at how many of my non-vintage buddies asked me about the episode afterwards. Even they were impressed! :)

The nurse's uniforms were lovely, too. Though I admit most of my attention was focused on the gents in suits and uniforms. All tall, cool drinks of water, they were. ;)

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Poirot on Masterpiece Theater.

This past Sunday's episode, "Murder on the Orient Express," was absolutely sublime. The use of light and dark, the flashbacks in crimson, the polarity of Poirot's prayer vs. Rachett's prayer, and most importantly Suchet's portrayal of Poirot who has eschewed his principles at the very last. In my opinion, the finest Poirot so far.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I missed that Poirot. Hope it's shown again so I can record it. Caught a little bit of a PBS special on the filming of the episode.

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode of Warehouse 13. It didn't hook me until the end of last season. Tonight should have several guest stars - two folks from the cast of Firefly (Kaylee and Simon), along with one from The Dresden Files (Morgan).

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I just watched the Deadliest Catch night on Discovery Channel. I hadn't watched it in the past but the episodes tonight were very good.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
bunnyb.gal, if you think Morena Baccarain looks good as Anna, you should check her out in the short-lived Firefly series! She is downright jaw-dropping in that. (Firefly is well worth seeing anyway, being an uniquely intelligent and amusing Western/SF hybrid that was literally too good for TV!)

I dont know....I think she looks better as Anna, for a lot of the same reasons BunnyB.Gal described. I attribute a lot of it to her amazing pixie hair cut. Geeze, that woman's neck is 7 miles long!

LD

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Well, speaking as a guy, Inara is much higher on the va-va-voom scale than Anna. Certainly Anna has a very striking look, but Inara is stunning.

I'm not really surprised to hear that from the female viewpoint it's a bit different... Vive la differance!

Sincerely-Dee

One of the Regulars
vinspired said:
A few nights ago I watched "Supersizers go... Wartime" on SBS.
It is a british show - 2 foodies explore WWII rationing for 1 week while living in a 40s house... I did learn a few things and I did laugh out loud a few times.

In the next episode they go back to the 1660s, shall be interesting.

I've watched quite a lot of the Supersizers episodes - they're really fascinating.

The last TV show I watched was Keeping Up Appearances [it was on DVD so I hope that counts].

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
Well, speaking as a guy...

Fine :)
I know hotness when I sees it!
I actually thought Inara (hotness aside) was the most annoying character on Firefly, and thats saying something considering how much I could not *stand* River Tam.

But I really liked Firefly, go figure.

LD

Edward

Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
"The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin," which I first saw and loved on PBS back in the 70s, and just recently rediscovered on DVD. I didn't get where I am today without recognizing a brilliant, uncompromising satire on corporate idiocy when I see it.

Great.

Super.

I always lost it at the recurring meme of the Hippo any time he heard mention of his mother in law.

I think the last TV show I watched was a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory, a show I adore, not least as although not in the sciences I can identify with so much of its commentary on the higher education environment, as well as the sense of being something of a social misfit.

Panache

A-List Customer
Watching Season 3 of Babylon 5 with the family

The last episode was "Grey 17 is Missing" (a mixed espisode, one plot was quite good and the other quite silly)

Cheers

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner