Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
"I re-watched "Edward & Mrs Simpson" over the weekend, tomorrow (Tuesday) is Australia day, a public holiday here, so will probably watch the last two hours, the Duke of Windsor's wardrobe is stunning, Wallis however, seems to wear the same old couple of tired frocks"

Emperor2sml.jpg

wallissml.jpg

I have been watching that myself but it is hard to get over how much they were Nazi sympathizers (at best) or Nazi collaborators (at worst). The Smithsonian channel aired a documentary this summer with newly released British spy papers that showed the Duke and Mrs Simpson were deeper in the Nazi's pockets than first thought. Anti-Semites right up 'till the very end.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
The fourth season of The Wild, Wild West. I like the "Mod" sound of the music scores--it sometimes resembles the music from James Coburn's "Flint" films--and the different lighting style used. In fact, each season of this show is different in sevral ways, so no matter what mood you're in, there's a different "flavor" to enjoy.

Celia Crowson

Familiar Face
Quote: Originally Posted by Celia Crowson
The Avengers - episode: something nasty in the nursery.
I do really like the 1960s series - rather tacky but great fun.

For some reason the character John Steed reminds me of the 1960s Batman villian The Penguin.... must be the nose.

Ethan Bentley said:
Ah I remember that one I think Clive Dunn (Corp. Jones of Dad's Army) was in that one; it's impressive how many actors made cameos in The Avengers.

Cameos - oh yes, the actress from the the 70s series George & Mildred was one of the baddies in the episode.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I just got season 1 of Mad Men from the library. I watched 1 and a half episodes so far and think it's good. I'll probably sepnd the next day or so finishing the season.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Anyone else watch 'American Pickers' on History Channel last night? Apparently there's a real love/hate thing going on with viewers over how they operate. I think it's a fun show. It takes place in my neck of the woods, also.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I just finished Season 1 of Mad Men. I can't wait for Season 2. I requested a county library copy but im #151 in the request line. :(

Nathan

Familiar Face
Quigley Brown said:
Anyone else watch 'American Pickers' on History Channel last night? Apparently there's a real love/hate thing going on with viewers over how they operate. I think it's a fun show. It takes place in my neck of the woods, also.

I like this show alot. Monday nights on my cable system are great. Antiques Roadshow, American Pickers, and then Pawn Stars. I love looking at other peoples junk!

LordBest

Practically Family
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett and David Burke. I watched this series with my mother when I was little, and have always loved it though I had not seen it for years until it recently started being repeated on television. It really does make me realise what a poor effort at bringing Holmes to the the cinema the recent film was, though I rather enjoyed it when I watched it. I maintain it was a decent film, but not a decent Holmes film.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The latest episode of The Office (US).

Had the funniest line in it Id heard all season. Michael is talking to the new boss' assistant about a regular work schedule and he says, "That would be awesome. I could get a girlfriend, I wouldnt have to go to Amsterdam seven times a year...I will date when Im dead!" I laughed so hard I cried.

LD

Feraud

Bartender
Lady Day said:
The latest episode of The Office (US).

Had the funniest line in it Id heard all season. Michael is talking to the new boss' assistant about a regular work schedule and he says, "That would be awesome. I could get a girlfriend, I wouldnt have to go to Amsterdam seven times a year...I will date when Im dead!" I laughed so hard I cried.

LD
Agreed on that line. I thought it was hilarious!

Funny thing.. relationships and children generally sound the death knell for sitcoms but The Office has so far managed to avoid this. Although the Andy/Erie angle is pushing things..

The Good

Call Me a Cab
A little, erm... embarrassing, but I was watching that campy 1960s Batman show. The Joker and Batman were surfing together on one of the episodes... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner