Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Edward

Bartender
Finished Series 2 of Black Summer. Of the current crop of zombie-related tv shows, it's very much The Road in its believable bleakness.

Also been watching more vintage Doctor Who, as well as a bit of Blake's Seven. Old-fashioned, British sci-fi tv back when set and costume might have been a bit ropey due to low budgets, but despite (or perhaps because of) those limitations, the story-telling was put front and centre.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Us. PBS-Masterpiece. Boy did PBS flub the editing of this mini-series. Two, 2-hour blocks to cover it. We had storms for the first one, and it knocked out our connection. When it arrived at the 2-hour mark of the recording, it was missing a few minutes from the end of the program. Irritated, but you can't do anything about the weather. The second block had the same problem, so it had nothing to do with the weather. Why PBS wouldn't block off 2:15, or even 2:05, in their schedule makes no sense. I hope they received some cranky feedback today. A lighthearted family show about growing apart and divorce. Honestly, I don't know why Masterpiece would pick this program in particular. There was nothing special about the story at all. I'm not sorry I watched it, but if anything, it might represent the dip in available programming because of the pandemic and fewer productions and options?

Edward

Bartender
I quite liked DiP as a lazy occasional watch when it first came out, but it seems to have quickly become one of those shows where rather than end it when one lead is done, they cycle in another and largely repeat the same plotlines over again. I lost interest in trying when they cycled in Kris Marshall, for whom as a performer I decidedly do not care. I do hope he gets a big break somewhere, though, that takes him out of the running for Doctor Who forever!

"Bosch" Season 7. I really liked this series. The good news is they set up the ending for the character to flow into a follow up series with him as a private eye.
I started to watch the show way back when in season one, but didn’t even finish an episode. It wasn’t bad I just wasn’t really in the mood to watch it, but not because it was bad or anything like that. At some point I will give it a shot.
:D

I was happy to see Netflix pick up production of Longmire after it's first three seasons on A&E, but wasn't crazy about the way they deviated from the "crime of the week" format and choosing to focus more on turning the main characters' stories into a bit of a soap opera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24