Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Edward

Bartender
I found the film odd, and the premise frankly silly. I was gobsmacked to learn they made it into a TV series.

To each their own of course!

It's fair to say that there's an element of suspension of disbelief in the premise (though I'd say that's true for every single post-apocalyptic film I've ever seen, bar The Road), but it definitely benefits from the longer form narrative - much richer world-building.

Edward

Bartender
The wife found a cheap deal for a three month trial of Britbox via Amazon on Friday, so I've watched pretty much all of the first series of the original Doctor Who already. Rubbish name for a streaming service, but some great content in it if you like old BBC & ITV stuff. Fans of the original Spitting Image should be wary: the new series they've made exclusively for Britbox is very hit and miss, certainly not close to as sharp as I remember the original satire being.

Finished the Netflix offering "Fatma" a Turkish produced 6 episode series. A bit uneven but the plot very quirky and innovative. The lead actress was very compelling and I can say the first Turk TV I have ever watched. Emboldened I will likely try it again when the opportunity presents.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Gangs of London. AMC. This show is so over the top sometimes that it makes me chuckle out loud. I sense this is standard action movie affair making its way to the TV series realm, but in my scope of watching, it's unique like that. It's like a Rick Glassman youtube podcast. Thoroughly enjoying this season, but like I often feel, I wish this was a limited series. Or maybe one of those series that makes each season a new story with a beginning, middle, and end. I hope that's what happens here. I haven't read anything about this series other than looking up a couple actors. I'm nearly done being interested in the Wallaces.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A mishmash recently - Latest Gangs of London, episode 13 season 13 of Supernatural, and ep. 3 season 3 of Frontier.

Still bitter Discovery and Netflix cancelled Frontier.

Wife has a better appreciation for Jason Momoa, only having seen him in GoT.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Gangs of London. AMC. season finale. This show was fun. A nice surprise for the summer. But they sure did get lazy with the story the further the season went. I don't particularly care for their flashbacks and time play. I don't think it was necessary, just a way to jerk the audience.

Mr Inbetween. FX. Another very good episode. I laughed aloud a couple times, and Ray's character development is solid. You need the 5.1 stereo set for this one, but I say that for all the FX shows. If I have any complaint, it is that the audio people flubbed Scott Ryan's soft-spoken approach to this character. Everyone else is at a normal level, and Ray can barely be heard.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Pretty late to it but I have been heavily indulging in all the series of Fargo.

Particularly enjoyed season one as Martin Freeman is pure brilliance as Lester Nygaard.

Now on season four and still absolutely gripped.

One of our recent favourites. We watched series 3 first, then I saw 1 and 2, watched 4 with my wife, and then caught her up on 1 and 2. A bit of a mess, but it all worked out!

Prime offering...."The Gloaming" a detective/gothic/supernatural/ series from Aus. It is weird but the performances are good plus we get a bit of a travelogue through Tasmania.....not likely to ever get there.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The wife found a cheap deal for a three month trial of Britbox via Amazon on Friday, so I've watched pretty much all of the first series of the original Doctor Who already. Rubbish name for a streaming service, but some great content in it if you like old BBC & ITV stuff. Fans of the original Spitting Image should be wary: the new series they've made exclusively for Britbox is very hit and miss, certainly not close to as sharp as I remember the original satire being.

Just curious - why is Britbox (in your opinion) a rubbish name, and what would you suggest as a not rubbish alternative?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21