Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
I am working my way through The Wire. :)

I think the word "work" is very describing of how it was to see The Wire, for me anyway. It's brilliant, it's groundbreaking, it's important, it's realistic, it's ugly - and it's just not that darn entertaining.

I'm enjoying Six Feet Under.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
I'm devouring How I Met Your Mother. Typically, I hate ensemble comedy television (unless, for example; the cast is fighting demons, or are secretly aliens or are solving awesome supernatural crimes) but the pilot just sucked me in with these insane, witty slackers and their ridiculous friendships. Plus! Alyson Hannigan/Jason Segel/Neil Patrick Harris!

Starius

Practically Family
I've been on a UK comedy binge with the works of Matt Berry, Rich Fulcher, Noel Fielding, Julian Barratt, and Richard Ayoade for the holidays.

So far I've gone through Snuff Box, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, AD/BC: A Rock Opera, The IT Crowd (yay new episode today), and The Mighty Boosh.

Currently going through Man to Man with Dean Learner and will follow that up with the 1998 series Unnatural Acts (which you can see the origins of The Mighty Boosh arise). I think that pretty much covers their shared body of work. Let me know if I've missed anything, I still have plenty of room for mental derangement!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Season Finale of Dexter.
That show has a habit of wrapping this up a little too neatly in progression to the next season.

I did love the continued visions of Harry, Dexter's adoptive father, throughout this season. Hes cool.

Still one of my faves.

LD

Starius

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Season Finale of Dexter.
That show has a habit of wrapping this up a little too neatly in progression to the next season.

I did love the continued visions of Harry, Dexter's adoptive father, throughout this season. Hes cool.

Still one of my faves.

LD

Yeah, Harry has taken the place of the "dark passenger" from the Dexter novels. (though he did use the phrase 'dark passenger' this season) I expect the series to even deviate further from the novels as it goes on, as the last novel took on more of a supernatural tone. Though, one interesting change I heard about in the novels is that he finds his step children to be traumatized enough by their biological father that Dexter begins to teach them the Code.

In any event, that tv show is one of my favs too. I was actually a bit disappointed that this season finale didn't really lead into a new storyline like the previous seasons.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I think it did. I think next season is gonna be all about Deb looking over the CIs of her father and discovering who Dexter's real mother is. Now, weather she will tell Dex or not, or how he will play that is another story. :rolleyes:

LD

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I gave my dad season 5 of "The Sopranos" on DVD for Christmas so I'm re-watching my copy of it so we can talk about the episodes. I loved this show and I haven't re-watched a whole season since I got him Season 4!

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Roswell, because finals killed my brain and I need something fluffy.
The Two Doctors/Doctor Who Christmas Special because it's Christmas:)

WH1

Practically Family
Original Twilight Zone episodes on the Sci Fi channel. God was this show great. I particularly enjoyed the episode starring Buster Keaton. Serling was way ahead of his time in the writing and social consciousness of his scripts. Also the stars of his episodes were unbelieveable.

Warden

One Too Many
Watching the New Years day fireworks display over the River Thames as the clock stuck mid night.

_42402299_eye_getty416.jpg

I was watching at home in the warm cuddling Edna to welcome the New Year.

Harry

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
Dr. Horrible's sing-along blog, for like the tenth time :)

Find new stuff in it every vewing. :rolleyes:

LD

Me too!!
Mine came in the mail yesterday, and now all my roomates are mildly annoyed with me due to the fact that I shanghai'ed our living room to watch all the commentaries in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko