Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
Im really starting to like Glee.

It's my favorite show by a mile. All of the sly, dark humor of Nip/Tuck (same creator/writer) with better characters.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
I have very mixed feelings on Glee. I've watched a couple of episodes all the way through, and parts of a couple of others. I don't believe ANY of it, and it's mostly pretty predictible and cliched,

OH, Im with you on some of it. The pregnancy storylines are stupid, but I do like they way they utilize some pop culture songs.

I also like it better when a character brakes into song (ie miss 'diva' at the car wash) instead of it being based in their reality.

But there are some strong moments that I really like. Like when the son told his dad he was gay, they could have completely played that the cliched, "Youre not my son anymore!" but they didnt. I thought that was really well done.

They set up the wife to be the bad guy from the start, which I think is kind of wrong. And once again, all men seem to be clueless in the knowledge of reproduction in this reality :eusa_doh: but whatever.

LD

JennyLou

Practically Family
The shows I've been trying to keep up with this season are House, NCIS and The Office. I've also been watching LA Ink and Police Women of Broward County.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Mad Men!

I also had a marathon of Andy Griffith shows to watch on Sunday with grandma. Good, old-fashioned entertainment. It was refreshing.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
I have very mixed feelings on Glee.

I think Im joining you on this bandwagon. The past episode (ep 7 Throw) *really* put me off. To the point where I dont know if I want to watch it anymore.

They are starting to auto tune all the songs too, which is just yuckie.

And on a side note, when did Rachel decidedly become Jewish? From the first ep (which I thought was rather funny) was she was an IV baby with 2 gay dads (one black one white) and she didn't really *know* which was her dad, and she was fine with that. I found that refreshing that a character didnt base so much of themself on their race, but ever since that Streisand nose comment in an earlier ep. shes now definitively what she is [huh]
Its just upsetting because now she is going to be subject to the same tired racial crap as all the other characters.

Its stuff like that, not to mention that *so* many of the other characters are already cliched by their race anyway, that just grade on me. I get sick of that crap.

LD

JennyLou

Practically Family
I've been trying to keep up with NCIS. I have seen all the episodes from this new season but the episodes about Ziva on a boat really confused me. When I have time I'm going to watch those episodes again and hopefully it will all make sense.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
I think Im joining you on this bandwagon. The past episode (ep 7 Throw) *really* put me off. To the point where I dont know if I want to watch it anymore...

No comment, LD. I haven't watched since the Kristin Chenoweth episode, and have pretty much given up on the series. And last night at 9:00 I was watching the Monty Python documentary (Holy Grail episode) - something far more important to me, being a Python fan since 1974.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
The newest show I've been watching has been "Flash Forward". I'm still not sure how much I like it but it has had it's moments. I'll keep tuning in for now though...

Christy

One of the Regulars
Just thought I'd give a head's up. The Cold Case episode tonight has the case taking place in 1944. I'm not sure how well done it will be but I liked the hair styles they showed. It's on right now.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I just started watching Dexter on Netflix. Saw the first episode of season 1 and I think I am really going to enjoy this tv show.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I *really* liked this last episode of Dexter. It was so much fun and I really liked the direction on it too. I *loved* it when he looked into the camera at the very end of the episode. That was the bees knees for me.

Man I love this show!

LD

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I *really* liked this last episode of Dexter. It was so much fun and I really liked the direction on it too. I *loved* it when he looked into the camera at the very end of the episode. That was the bees knees for me.

Man I love this show!

LD
Me too! Have you read the books? While I love the books, I think the writing for the show is just as good (if not better) than the books.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I haven't read the books, but Ive loved this show since it started.

This particular ep just stood out to me. SO well done. I really like what they are doing with Deborah. Matsuka is coming into his own showing he is really good at his job and not just a slime mouth. The characters just came together in this ep. Yay!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy