Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What we have to put up with!

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
The original article linked is trying to be amusing and funny, but doesn't really work very well as such - even if the writer is a doctor (heck, I'm a doctor and that doesn't mean everything I write is a stupendous piece of art).

The second linkage to that 'thread of ignoramuses' (mainly) just shows how ignorant and small-minded people can be.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
shakeshead

No need, we're already a step above the rest. A gentleman doesn't throw fists; especially an entire Lounge full of classy gents and ladies like ourselves. :cool2:

Richard Warren

Practically Family
The man is a balding middle aged fellow who probably realizes that he himself would look pretty foolish in a hat.

I'll edit this to say he believes he would look foolish in a hat and is too egotistical to risk trying (and looking foolish).

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
I say we all get our wagons in a big circle, put on big ol Stetsons with a 5 1/2 inch brim a 7 1/2 inch crown with a Gus crease and really show those haters what hat geeks can look like!!!! That'll teach them or we can just drop it.
Tom D.

Neophyte

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mens-Fashion-Fedora-Hats-Are-Rarely-Sexy

Hilarious, in that the author here is so shallow that she sees the fedora in terms of sex appeal. lol lol lol

Oh, and get this: this is the her description on her profile lol lol lol.

"Isabella Snow on HubPages
Isabella Snow is a saucy little wench who writes very naughty things for a living; sexy novels, glossy magazine articles and sex tip columns for AskMen.com are just a few of the mediums in which you can find her work. You may also be surprised to learn that Isabella Snow is actually the penname of a 30-ish, professional blues singer. Isabella also maintains two blogs: The first is her personal blog Smut in G Minor and the second blog is Sex Talk for Men."

First and foremost,

My wife thinks I look good in a fedora.

I have gotten many compliments from women of all ages on my fedoras (not
necessarily called sexy, but nice comments nonetheless).

Do I care what some trash talking chick from a magazine thinks? Naaahh.

It's too bad she claims to be a blues singer, a lot of the great blues men wear hats.

Neophyte

hatophile said:
First and foremost,

My wife thinks I look good in a fedora.

I have gotten many compliments from women of all ages on my fedoras (not
necessarily called sexy, but nice comments nonetheless).

Do I care what some trash talking chick from a magazine thinks? Naaahh.

It's too bad she claims to be a blues singer, a lot of the great blues men wear hats.

That's what's hilarious. She doesn't say they look bad (jazz and blues artists), she says they don't look sexy. To her reasoning, if it's not sexy there's no point in wearing it. It's as if she thinks EVERYONE in the Golden Era was a hunk...lol lol lol

Neophyte

hatophile said:
Here's an idea,

Let's do a Fedora Lounge pinup calendar! Then we'll see what sexy is eh?

Nothing but a man and his hat!

...............*yucky*

Maybe after a few-no, a LOT- of :beer:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Worst bump ever.

qft
I'm going to give this nonesense a bump only to say this. Haven't we had enough of this thread and the thread with the fantastical exchanges between people who don't like hats and those that do. It used to be wonderful to dig through all these fun and interesting threads before the focus became what goofy comments strangers may make. Some people dislike hats and others do, howabout since we do like hats we focus on that and not some comments from anonymous people who none of us will likely interact with. The PM feature is a wonderful tool on here and would likely be a great way to discuss this topic because so few contribute to these threads that keep finding their way to the top.

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
Why not rise above and totally ignore this crap. It will go away quicker if you do. Fedora loungers don't need to lower themselves, even if it is satire or a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass