Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Sunday morning smackdown! I thawed out a chuck roast from a cow we had butchered awhile back and made carne adobado in the slow cooker with it over night. This morning I fried up some thick sliced bacon and scrambled some eggs in the bacon grease, then made tacos with all three of the aforementioned items on them, along with some cheddar cheese and El Yucateco xxxtra hot sauce. Washed it all down with a glass of grapefruit juice and several cups of black coffee.

My adobo was made with an onion, whole head of garlic, dried red chiles, cumin, oregano, fresh cilantro, and a beer. I usually like to throw in a couple of fresh peppers too, but we didn't have any and I didn't feel like going out to the store.

That settles it, I'm going to have to drive down and see you one day. :D

Almond flour pancakes, with 2 eggs and a scoop of protein mix.
Well I had to cut down more hedges today, I can't just run out there wielding a chainsaw and expect carbs to keep me going. :thumb:

Last edited:
I posted this in What's For Dinner, but since we're talkin' bacon maybe it's more suited here . . . my wife's bacon pralines, from her own recipe.

10257937_10154128912930077_948717608953899409_o.jpg

Now THAT is a recipe for pralines. :D

Black coffee, breakfast burritos with bacon, eggs, the last of the leftover carne adobado, and homemade red chile sauce (made using bacon grease) and pineapple-orange-banana juice.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Strong coffee and very little cereal... like everyday.

what

did you think i was going to say steak and sausages and and fried things? in the morning? just when I wake up? are you crazy or what! yuck!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Dunkin Donuts and a big ol' cup of Starbucks coffee. I feel so suburban.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Cannot drink DD java; Starbucks occasionally, but not this morning since I called the office.
A stay home-rainy day with Peruvian coffee, Mozart's Sonata No. 8, and International Constitution-Making in Ukraine, JURIST. :coffee:

Have to agree about Dunkin's coffee.
And I sincerely hope lawmakers in Ukraine come up with something that makes everyone happy.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers.....HossierDaddy ......gentlemen....I never pig out for breakfast! :D:p hehehe ..........I am simply not that hungry early in the mornings.

Coffee and ceral, or coffee and toast, or even better coffee and croissant plus a small glass of freshly squeeze orange juice.... would be plenty perfection for moi :D

ahhhhh...heaven!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn