Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
“Farmer’s Breakfast” which is essentially sliced, pan fried potatoes. Then you slice in whatever leftover meat you might have, crack some eggs on top and mix it all up. Then, finally, grate some cheese on top and let it melt. All done in the cast iron skillet, of course. Usually we don’t have to eat again until dinner. :)
A couple of large croissants and a mug of steaming hot Peaberry coffee, black, no sugar, of course. I shall be using a skillet later on today, we are having paella, we give up a number of things during lent, meat being one of them, so today's paella will have cod chunks as a meat substitute.

Toad-In-A-Hole

92F423F0-5380-47C7-A913-941CC7644A35.png

BF5F8582-E3ED-4B8E-BC9D-717009E285F2.png

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Grabbed a Starbucks, said hi to the staff since I've been away for four months, everybody there doing ok.

And sat down. "Tom, you cannot sit were still closed for seating." So, I sat outside on the patio, enjoyed being
back at Starbucks, things slowly getting back to normal.

My wife made cinnamon buns or at least a derivation thereof. Instead of cinnamon she used lemon & orange zest. Recipe called for 3 eggs so they were very rich, substantive and had a brioche/pastry like quality to them. I overate but what the hell.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My wife made cinnamon buns or at least a derivation thereof. Instead of cinnamon she used lemon & orange zest. Recipe called for 3 eggs so they were very rich, substantive and had a brioche/pastry like quality to them. I overate but what the hell.
You over ate, well let me tell you that after six and a half weeks of Lenten fasting and abstinence I absolutely pigged out. Croissants and coffee first thing, whilst I perused the newspaper, the when I heard her moving about upstairs, I served up the full English breakfast:
breakfast.jpg

Put it on a tray and presented her ladyship with our Lenten finale.
Later, I enjoyed a cognac, but I'm not one for brandy at breakfast,
Cognac_glass.jpg
however lent last 46 days, so just for today, I indulge.
I'm thinking bangers and mash, and a lovely English rose whose name I will not mention, whispers
"Toad-in-the-Hole." ...and a side of inner thigh wobble please.;)
Been there, done that, can't beat a piece of thigh wobble, better still if it's stocking clad.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
German whole grain toast, French butter, Italian Prosciutto di Parma, Austrian strawberry marmelade, in-house Mettwurst from German butcher, middle American fair trade Arabica.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ