Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I had grilled salmon. Grilling season is coming to an end time to get out the Wok full time.:)
Geez that sounds good! Been a while since I have had any Salmon.

I have made it steamed, placing it on top of a kettle in a heavy strainer, with boiling veggies on the water, then having the Salmon served with a butter/garlic sauce to dip it in.

Grilling it does sound good as well!

Connery

One Too Many
Geez that sounds good! Been a while since I have had any Salmon.

I have made it steamed, placing it on top of a kettle in a heavy strainer, with boiling veggies on the water, then having the Salmon served with a butter/garlic sauce to dip it in.

Grilling it does sound good as well!

Sprinkle with almond slivers and fresh dill. A very delicate and delicious flavor.:D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Sounds good to me! We do have some nice Salmon here in Michigan from the local fisherman. I think I am going to see what the Market here has on ice!

Sprinkle with almond slivers and fresh dill. A very delicate and delicious flavor.:D

Hey..thats how my wife makes it...only with thinly sliced sweet onion..olive oil and butter. Carefull not to over cook. She also added thin slices of pineapple atop the salmon on the grill which turned out quite good. Now I'm getting hungry again....

TidiousTed

Practically Family
One thing is for sure: all of you guys seem to COOK. Now, if that is not vintage...

I moved away from my parents when I was 19 and didn't marry before I was 29. If I hadn’t learned to cook I would either have gone broke from eating out or starved to death ;)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My wife and I make pizza at home each week.
We use turkey pepperoni and turkey sausage.
This one has mozarella, green peppers, and onions.
What we've found that works even better is mozarella with a hint of philly, I think it's a Kraft brand.
Of course I've also got a recipe of a southwestern chicken pizza, with cheddar (we use reduced fat), chicken, onions, peppers, and corn. We make at least 2 pizzas at a time so we get 2 meals out of them.
pizza.jpg
[/IMG]

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
What we've found that works even better is mozarella with a hint of philly, I think it's a Kraft brand.
Of course I've also got a recipe of a southwestern chicken pizza, with cheddar (we use reduced fat), chicken, onions, peppers, and corn. We make at least 2 pizzas at a time so we get 2 meals out of them.
pizza.jpg
[/IMG]

Another nice meal.....yummy!

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Greg that looks delish. Here's a photo of a pizza I made a while back.
6270486160_9c128e1af6.jpg

Haloumi, mint, egg & prosciutto.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oooo, yours has more color, I like that.
What we used one time was pepper jack, nice but hot. I mean I knew that going in. LOL
I use italian spices on the pizzas now, the one I have pictured is from a few months ago.
What crust did you use, or did you make your own?
Mine is Boboli, one regular and one thin.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Greg - The base is from scratch. Flour, water, oil & yeast. I have a bread maker so it's just a matter of throwing everything in the machine & pressing a button - easy. I made one once with smoked salmon, asparagus & philly cheese, that was really good....infact I have a photo of it somewhere......
6269987201_88a16c8f38.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
You're making my mouth water, Lolly. Do you use a stone?

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Greg - The base is from scratch. Flour, water, oil & yeast. I have a bread maker so it's just a matter of throwing everything in the machine & pressing a button - easy. I made one once with smoked salmon, asparagus & philly cheese, that was really good....infact I have a photo of it somewhere......
6269987201_88a16c8f38.jpg

I sort of depend on the frozen bread loaf dough when I make a pizza at home. I will allow it to rise and punch it down 2 times, but make everything else from total scratch. An older fellow that made pizza for many years in a country club gave me some formula for what his secrets were to making sauce and what to put on the dough before anything else. Pancake mix with some regular flour, and sprinkle a touch of garlic powder on it before adding the sauce. Then adding some of the same pancake mix and regular flour with the tomato sauce, with all the other spices mixed in. It helps keep a pizza from being greasy from toppings and of course the bread dough will raise as it cooks and be nice and chewy! At times, I just put cheese and a ton of black olives on a pizza for toppings.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I sort of depend on the frozen bread loaf dough when I make a pizza at home. I will allow it to rise and punch it down 2 times, but make everything else from total scratch. An older fellow that made pizza for many years in a country club gave me some formula for what his secrets were to making sauce and what to put on the dough before anything else. Pancake mix with some regular flour, and sprinkle a touch of garlic powder on it before adding the sauce. Then adding some of the same pancake mix and regular flour with the tomato sauce, with all the other spices mixed in. It helps keep a pizza from being greasy from toppings and of course the bread dough will raise as it cooks and be nice and chewy! At times, I just put cheese and a ton of black olives on a pizza for toppings.
You can make a wicked-good stromboli with that frozen dough too. Just put all the ingredients inside and roll it up, cut a few slits in the top, and bake until golden brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara