Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Full size family dinner at my sisters to day, my girlfriend and I, my two daugters with boyfriends, my sisters two daughters with boyfriends, my sister and her husband and four dogs. Oh, and tons of mutton in cabbage same as I made the other day.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Full size family dinner at my sisters to day, my girlfriend and I, my two daugters with boyfriends, my sisters two daughters with boyfriends, my sister and her husband and four dogs. Oh, and tons of mutton in cabbage same as I made the other day.

With all these yummy sounding dinners, I am going to gain weight just thinking about them!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Now I'm feeling hungry....

I had lamb and mashed potatoes!
X
BD

Lamb happens at my place a few times a month. I was in the Military service the very first time I ever had Lamb, in fact I recall I was on the Rock of Gibraltar and had some Lamb, Rack of Lamb with Potato and Beets. The owners of the restaurant were so very nice and sat and chatted with everyone at our dinner table, telling of their history of how they came to the Rock and started a business. Very interesting.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez...here is is almost 7:40 a.m. and I almost forgot, to merely give a happy "winnie winnie weeeeeeeeeee" hahahahaa lololololo! Got to be a great day today! I am going to be heading up north to see my new lil horse, Gonzo!

Connery

One Too Many
Hey..thats how my wife makes it...only with thinly sliced sweet onion..olive oil and butter. Carefull not to over cook. She also added thin slices of pineapple atop the salmon on the grill which turned out quite good. Now I'm getting hungry again....

That sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea HD :thumb: I will try that and maybe add some capers.

In the meantime, I am traveling your way so I will be happy to drop by, say "hi" and sample some of the "missus" fare if that is ok. :essen:

That sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea HD :thumb: I will try that and maybe add some capers.

In the meantime, I am traveling your way so I will be happy to drop by, say "hi" and sample some of the "missus" fare if that is ok. :essen:

Why sure that is OK. However..she is working today..so the missus cooking will be kinda late. She may be stopping for some really good local 'Lee's' fried chicken and the trimmings,tho. Got coldbeer...Dr. Pepper and rum...and a brandnew Jameson we can crack the seal on..!:party:

Connery

One Too Many
Why sure that is OK. However..she is working today..so the missus cooking will be kinda late. She may be stopping for some really good local 'Lee's' fried chicken and the trimmings,tho. Got coldbeer...Dr. Pepper and rum...and a brandnew Jameson we can crack the seal on..!:party:

:whoo: On my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :plane:

[video=youtube;3GwjfUFyY6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/video]...:D

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
What a fun thread!

Last night was chicken florentine with angel hair pasta, bread, and a green salad with blue cheese dressing. Yum!

Not sure about tonight yet... maybe something on the grill.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I sort of depend on the frozen bread loaf dough when I make a pizza at home. I will allow it to rise and punch it down 2 times, but make everything else from total scratch. An older fellow that made pizza for many years in a country club gave me some formula for what his secrets were to making sauce and what to put on the dough before anything else. Pancake mix with some regular flour, and sprinkle a touch of garlic powder on it before adding the sauce. Then adding some of the same pancake mix and regular flour with the tomato sauce, with all the other spices mixed in. It helps keep a pizza from being greasy from toppings and of course the bread dough will raise as it cooks and be nice and chewy! At times, I just put cheese and a ton of black olives on a pizza for toppings.
Sometimes I brush the crusts with a garlic butter sauce I've made, just depends.
I don't MIND cooking, I just hate standing there for an hour or so...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick