Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Salmon fillet, cooked in a tin foil bag, with various herbs and spices, with roast veg, mashed potato and some steamed veg too... followed by my wife’s wonderful Bread and Butter Pudding.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Tonight was leftovers from yesterday's Easter dinner - Honeybaked ham and what is called in our family "company potatoes," which is sliced potatoes, cheese, sliced hard-boiled eggs, curry powder, and some ingredients only my wife knows. Not on today's menu, but present yesterday were the grilled asparagus (cooked by married daughter), green salad, dinner rolls, and Martinelli's sparkling cider. Dessert was sliced strawberries and whipped cream atop a slice of pound cake.

dnjan

One Too Many
I had made a paté for an Easter appetizer, and so last night I had leftover paté for dinner. On toasted italian bread. Washed down with what was left from Sunday's bottle of prosecco.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Pork Chops with a butter garlic rub (dry), maccaroni and cheese (the old fashioned way by mixing in the velveta and mixing it), and green beans in the pressure cooker, with habanero added for flavor. Needed to add more habanero, the flavor just wasn't strong enough!

tempesh

New in Town
Quite simple, some of the best meat you can get and pimped by a skillful butcher:
Rib eye steaks from the Allgäu region in Germany.

More images and information how to buy the right meat here:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When there's nothing else:
Sunka_Arvaj.jpg

:D

JazzyDame

One of the Regulars
I'm returning to my roots this evening and having psari tis skaras (grilled fish, Kastellorizo-style—I’m one quarter Greek, but, oh, that quarter!), with a simple (again, Greek) salad. I just had to go Greco tonight, as yesterday evening my Pops and I made baklava…layer upon layer upon layer of honey-drenched goodness! It takes a bit of time to make, but we put on some bouzouki music and made an event of it. One decadent little square of baklava and a stout cup of coffee and ‘Opa!’ I just might break a plate or two (intentionally, of course ;)).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points