Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Bacon now that is what I want to see. Live long. Eat Bacon!
Don't have any in the house.
I know, a Southerner with NO bacon??? Not even for green beans?
I'm so ashamed. :D
We went to one Mexican place awhile back, and the tacos had sausage, bacon, and ground beef, all spicy. Great taste, but the grease came back to visit later that night. So I don't eat bacon in the evening.

Don't have any in the house.
I know, a Southerner with NO bacon??? Not even for green beans?
I'm so ashamed. :D
We went to one Mexican place awhile back, and the tacos had sausage, bacon, and ground beef, all spicy. Great taste, but the grease came back to visit later that night. So I don't eat bacon in the evening.

No bacon and you live where you are?! The local constabulary should be there any minute. Run!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, well it would have helped if a certain in-law---who is also lactose intolerant----would have told his children what they had and what they could pass on. :rolleyes:
Same goes for most of the bad inheritance - they all talk about eye colour, slim waist.. NO ONE remembers to mention: "Oh, yeah.. there's a history of stomach ulcer.. you might wanna know that one" :nod:

Bacon now that is what I want to see. Live long. Eat Bacon!
:thumb:

Grandma used to cook with bacon grease. Hominy is bland without it.
..And how can anyone eat fried cabbage without the bacon grease??
Lard!

eatme.jpg

It's a MAJOR heritage thing in my family: don't give us all that Extra Virgin Olive Oil pep-talk.. we prefer Greasy Nasty Lard, thank you!

People Eating Tasty Animals. :p
[size=+1]I'm joining up![/size] :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No bacon and you live where you are?! The local constabulary should be there any minute. Run!
For awhile, I was buying it at the local Kroger, from the meat counter. I'd get 3lbs thick cut bacon, freshly cut, every 3 weeks. Sounds like a lot, but my wife and I would eat 3-4 pieces each on Sat and Sun morning. You go through it pretty quick doing that. Since she's trying to drop some weight, she went back to Turkey sausage from a local meat market. They make it there every week, and it's great. I'll return to my first love, don't worry. :D
BTW I know HOW to cook things in bacon grease, and especially how to make gravy using it. I learned that before I was 12. There is nothing better than eggs in bacon grease, or creamed corn with a bit of bacon grease added, or just bacon pieces.

Last edited:
For awhile, I was buying it at the local Kroger, from the meat counter. I'd get 3lbs thick cut bacon, freshly cut, every 3 weeks. Sounds like a lot, but my wife and I would eat 3-4 pieces each on Sat and Sun morning. You go through it pretty quick doing that. Since she's trying to drop some weight, she went back to Turkey sausage from a local meat market. They make it there every week, and it's great. I'll return to my first love, don't worry. :D
BTW I know HOW to cook things in bacon grease, and especially how to make gravy using it. I learned that before I was 12. There is nothing better than eggs in bacon grease, or creamed corn with a bit of bacon grease added, or just bacon pieces.

Now she is cutting your life expectancy.:eeek::eusa_doh::p

Same goes for most of the bad inheritance - they all talk about eye colour, slim waist.. NO ONE remembers to mention: "Oh, yeah.. there's a history of stomach ulcer.. you might wanna know that one" :nod:

:thumb:

Lard!

It's a MAJOR heritage thing in my family: don't give us all that Extra Virgin Olive Oil pep-talk.. we prefer Greasy Nasty Lard, thank you!

[SIZE=+1]I'm joining up![/SIZE] :D

Yeah, every relative wants to argue over what side the brains came from but the gene pool garbage they want to put off on each other. lol lol lol

Spaghetti sauce
sauted onion and garlic add italian seasonings, and crushed red pepper flakes in butter. Squished whole canned tomatoes, canned plain sauce, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Simmer. Brown italian sausage filling (spicy hot) add to sauce, brown italian mild/sweet sausages add to sauce. Add 1/4 cup pamasean grated cheese to sauce. Simmer, simmer simmer. Cooked some angel hair pasta and voila! italiansk dinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy