Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Grits?

I didn't know what grits were. When I was living in Florida, I used to play racketball at my friends apartment complex and then after we were done his girlfriend would make us lunch. So I happened to have some linguisa (portuguese sausage) from California at home so I told her to make that with the grits on day. Hmmm Linguisa and grits.:eek:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Grilled cuy.

nwaz_02_img0216.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow. A friend of mine told me a story about her and her husband going to a park one day. There was a crowd around this hibatchi so of course, she and her husband go stand and look too. At first, she had no idea what was going on until she really looked at the grill and saw that the family was cooking some kind of rodent. When she asked someone in the crowd what it was they told her rat, but the family kept saying no "kew, kew" (at least that is what she heard. Now that I see that, and googled it, that must have been what they were cooking. I'm going to have to tell her.

Caledonia

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
My mother couldn't cook to save her life -- one time she dropped her cookbook into a boiling soup kettle, and that was the best meal we ever had. So I had to learn to cook as a matter of self-survival -- that???

lol lol That's about where my mum was at!

$ally

One Too Many
We usally start off with coffee while I'm cooking:
Tonight= what's left of the bannock I baked, shepards pie (layers of lean well-drained seasoned beef in gravy, vegies, mashed potatoes, cheddar) and a shot of Drambuie to wash it down.
Tomorrow= boxty (potato crepe) filled with shredded corned beef and topped
with a sharp Scottish cheese creamy sauce, soda bread with currants, maybe raspberry salad.
Fri= it's supposed to storm, so I might make mutton stew or cock-a-leekie.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
My mother couldn't cook to save her life -- one time she dropped her cookbook into a boiling soup kettle, and that was the best meal we ever had. So I had to learn to cook as a matter of self-survival...

Me too Lizzie--if the recipe didn't have Cream of Mushroom soup or Onion Soup mix my mother didn't make it. I was in my 20s the first time I had broccoli.

Speaking of which, tonight I had a boneless pork chop with tomatoes, onion and white wine and a ton of broccoli with a bit of olive oil and herbs. No dessert though--I need to plan better!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Sadly right now I exist on mostly cereal. Don't get me wrong, I can cook....quite well so I'm told but I'm not very good at cooking for one. I'm used to feeding mass quantities of people so when it's just me I don't fare very well. So during the week it's usually a bowl of cereal with fruit for dinner and then I'll treat myself to take out from one of the local restaurants on fridays. Except when I'm in Atlanta. Then it's Scalini's for dinner where my bartender pours my ginger ale before I ask for it and has a menu waiting for me when she sees me walk through the door....so I guess at least once a month I've eaten real meals lol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Last night I attempted to make Garlic & Ginger Crusted Salmon.

Didn't turn out too bad, though I didn't realise cooked salmon was so "fishy." Salmon sushi is one of the least "fishy" so this was a surprise to me.

$ally

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:
Last night I attempted to make Garlic & Ginger Crusted Salmon. Didn't turn out too bad, though I didn't realise cooked salmon was so "fishy." Salmon sushi is one of the least "fishy" so this was a surprise to me.
We're on the same cooking wave length; I just made my special poached salmon steaks, with fresh steamed green beans & carrots, and oatmeal muffins.

panamag8or

Practically Family
I tossed a couple of pork loins on the smoker and let them go all day. along with some loaded mashed potatoes and spinach... not a bad dinner.

:fatty:

eta: Upon reflection, I should clarify that I did not eat 2 pork loins by myself. Most of it is in the fridge, now.:eek:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I tried a new recipe for cold eggplant/tomato/chicken sausage soup and boy it was good! Fresh cherry peach crisp with a dab of ice cream for dessert.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Dinner last night was skewers of chicken (marinaded in pineapple teriyaki sauce), zucchini, mushroom, sweet onion, tomato, and pineapple that were grilled, served with a side of steamed rice. YUM!

Not sure what tonight will be, but fresh cantalope will be dessert. MMMM!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Last night was Chicken Vindaloo with garlic naan, raita, mango chutney and white and yellow rice. Indian's the best ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Last evening for the kids and myself, I made tomato tortellini filled with chicken and spinach in a garlic tomato parmesian sauce. Accompanied by garlic toast. Whole California dates for dessert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21