Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Cottage pie.
Spinach, chard, and kale salad with bacon vinaigrette dressing.
:eeek:
The only words I got out of that was bacon and spinach.

My wife is supposed to be cooking pork chops.
Still waiting.
I'm about 10 minutes away from making popcorn, getting a beer out of the fridge (some sort of porter beer), and calling that dinner.
Spent too long in the yard, after working in the house.

Babydoll, if they had tacos at the picnic next year, with a piñata of the boss, that would be awesome! ;)

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
My son's girlfriend is preparing Thịt Kho Tàu (caramelized pork and eggs braised in coconut juice) and summer squash. I've never had it but it smells heavenly.

Sauteed onions, garlic, and red & green bell peppers with portobello mushrooms, threw in some cooked ground beef, fresh spinach, and fresh sliced tomatoes, put a lid on and let it steam, and served over cheese raviolis (those were frozen, came in a big ol' bag).

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night, tacos.

Tonight, mediocre burgers and dogs - grilled at my husband's company picnic. I'm not looking forward to it. :(

I was right to be apprehensive. The burger I had was dreadful. No seasoning on it (not even salt and pepper!), burned and dry. Yuck. The woman in charge of grilling has been doing catering on the side, and if that is an example of her food.... YUCK! I couldn't even finish it because it was so awful.

I ate cheese and pretzels when I got home. :(

Pizza
dfebb73fc29aedebe3c4acd90147ec95.jpg

From this place.
4ace98f49bee6428a3073c349d02c18e.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tonight: chicken & veggie stir-fry with steamed rice & plenty of sambal oelek. Bought it for hubby today to see what y'all have been raving about. He added a tablespoon to his dinner. I'd say he likes it! :)

Yesterday the housemates threw a birthday party for their one-year-old at a park, so it was catered mini sandwiches (roast beef, chicken salad, mozzarella and tomato) and salads from The Corner Bakery -- also homemade cupcakes. Tonight, it will probably be spaghetti and meatballs at Denny's as it is way too hot to cook and it's just me. :p

Last edited:
Yesterday the housemates threw a birthday party for their one-year-old at a park, so it was catered mini sandwiches (roast beef, chicken salad, mozzarella and tomato) and salads from The Corner Bakery -- also homemade cupcakes. Tonight, it will probably be spaghetti and meatballs at Denny's as it is way too hot to cook and it's just me. :p

I would never even think about eating spaghetti at our local Denny's. It was remodeled a few years back, but they forgot to upgrade the cooks. About a decade ago the food was pretty good, but something wrong happened and we stopped eating there. We tried it a couple of months back and it was still awful. Good service, nice and clean, but awful food. Sad.
:D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
:eeek:
Babydoll, if they had tacos at the picnic next year, with a piñata of the boss, that would be awesome! ;)

Nah, my hubby's boss is awesome. We really, really like him. He's a GREAT boss, so I don't think anyone would want to whack him with a stick! And knowing how bad the food was this year, I doubt even a bunch of salsa and guac could make it taste better.

But the (catered) holiday party? It's being held at The Museum of Flight (http://www.museumofflight.org/), and I am positively giddy about it! There is so much cool stuff to look at, and I won't have to hang around with the boring/rude/snobby/drunk co-workers. YES!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Abuellos, with my dad and my wife.
Their definition of spicy and mine are way different.
I even ordered their spiciest sauce...nothing.
Oh well, at least I didn't pay. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana