Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Chicken tortilla soup with avocado, tomato, monterrey jack, cilantro, and lime for garnish. Daughter is uncertain about it, so she might end up having it all separate on a plate, minus the broth.

Pinto beans, slow cooked in the crockpot all last night and all day today with ham, onions, and jalapeños, with rice and tortillas

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
There's plenty.
Enough for a couple of days, in fact.

He's always asking for me to make that - he calls it Cowboy Beans. This Yankee gal is not down with pintos (can't stand the texture), so I don't make them. He misses pintos and Grandma's Chicken 'n Dumpling the most. (Which I can't stand dumplings, either - texture again.)

He found a beer that he loves with Mexican, grilled, or spicy foods, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Had coriander and black pepper in it.

He'll have to settle for Dos Equis for tonight's consumption. Poor fella.

He's always asking for me to make that - he calls it Cowboy Beans. This Yankee gal is not down with pintos (can't stand the texture), so I don't make them. He misses pintos and Grandma's Chicken 'n Dumpling the most. (Which I can't stand dumplings, either - texture again.)

He found a beer that he loves with Mexican, grilled, or spicy foods, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Had coriander and black pepper in it.

He'll have to settle for Dos Equis for tonight's consumption. Poor fella.
Gosh! Poor fella, forced to drink dos equis.........:p

Last edited:

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
That's amazing. We had barbecued pulled pork Slaw sandwiches..!!

Great minds. In my case the "barbecue" was Ball Park's Finest Smokehouse Barbecue Seasoned franks, with Bunyan's (a local brand) hot slaw. To me the barbecue is by far the best flavor in the Park's Finest line. I go through a couple packages of them every week.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Lot of pigs getting pulled around here lately! It was simple this evening.....we had a breakfast for a dinner....sausage....eggs waffles seeded rye blackberry jam..orange juice...hot as all hell black coffee! (Course ground black pepper in your cup filled with boiling hot coffee.....wow! Nose runs eyes water but taste great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183