Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Kids have been sick and out of sorts so no mucking around tonight with dins, good old fish finger sandwiches.

^ That Persian stew thing looks beautiful, might have to give that a go.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Still sticking to the wheat free, low carb plan, have lost 8 pounds. My legs have lost the heavy feeling they used to have, I noticed before it is caused by wheat or wheat products.

Tonight's dinner featured steamed broccoli with Alfredo sauce, topped with crumbled Italian sausage, grated Parmesan and fresh ground pepper.

There was a small amount of corn starch in the sauce but I don't think my fat cells will notice.

Next time, I think I will try cheese sauce with crumbled bacon. Broccoli and cauliflower are quite edible with the right toppings.

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Have you ever tried doing a broccoli/cauliflower gratin (cheese sauce) with a bit of curry powder added to the sauce? My mom used to make it, but add chunks of chicken or turkey to it as well. You could make it with mushrooms, onions, zucchini, too.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Pizza too.
Lack of energy at the end of the week, helped make my decision.
Actually the same I fix at home, but someone else made them, with djion mustard on the cheeseburger.
Not a fan, but I just cover that one up with hot spices. ;)

An appetizer of hummus and some olive antipasto with crumbled feta, then a grilled salmon fillet atop mixed greens (spinach, chard, and baby kale) with fresh pineapple and cantaloupe and a sesame/ginger Asian dressing.

Going to a local favorite tonight that we haven't been to in ages.

carlyle.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany