Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Chili....made with cut up steak and no beans. Leftover beans and rice from last night accompanied, along with some fresh tortillas and a few dos equis.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tortilla soup tonight, with slow cooked pork instead of chicken.

Hands down, by far that was THE BEST tortilla soup I've ever made. Using the pork (boneless ribs that I trimmed to about 1" pieces) added such a depth of flavor that we don't get from using chicken. I also used fire roasted green chilies, some diced tomato, and tomato paste in the soup to cook the pork. And a combo of beef and chicken broth (whatever I had stashed in the freezer leftover from other recipes). I also used up the last of my cilantro stems in a little sachet to give extra flavor. I also used applewood smoked salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and garlic. Nothing measured, but it was the perfect amount of flavor and spice.

Garnished with avocado (perfectly ripe), diced tomato, sharp cheese, lime juice, and crema agria.

I doubt I'll be making chicken tortilla soup in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran