Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Chilli con carne, twice cooked as it started life last night. I souped it up a bit tonight by adding chilli flakes, habanero sauce and a few bits and bobs to flesh it out. Was great, although was close to blowing one's head off and that's from me who likes things super hot and spicy.

Chilli con carne, twice cooked as it started life last night. I souped it up a bit tonight by adding chilli flakes, habanero sauce and a few bits and bobs to flesh it out. Was great, although was close to blowing one's head off and that's from me who likes things super hot and spicy.

I bet if you stood outside there for two minutes that heat would all go away. :p

Spaghetti.
With spinach, mushrooms, hot peppers, and hamburger meat.
And birthday cake for desert. My oldest girl is 9.

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Unanimous vote: my burgers are 1000% better than Red Robin's.

And we don't like baked jojos. Never again. I actually gagged on it - that's how bad they were.

Seasoned potato wedges. Usually find them deep fried at a deli counter with chicken.

Aaahhh....yes. Didn't know they had an actual name (besides potato wedges). I don't see those much anymore but I remember a time when they were standard issue with grocery store fried chicken.
I agree, I can't imagine baked would be the ticket with those.

I'm in the mood for sausage & sauerkraut on top of mashed potatoes with spicey mustard slathered on top of that. Plus a mug of frosty coldbeer. Trouble is..I'm the only one in the household who likes that dish..:(..so most likely isn't going to happen..:p
HD

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Aaahhh....yes. Didn't know they had an actual name (besides potato wedges). I don't see those much anymore but I remember a time when they were standard issue with grocery store fried chicken.
I agree, I can't imagine baked would be the ticket with those.

It might be a regional name thing. I don't think hubby (who is originally from The Great State of Texas) called them that when he moved here many years ago.

It wasn't just the being baked vs. fried that I objected to. I GREATLY dislike potato skins. It's a texture thing for me (same as dried beans, peas, and lima beans). But I also didn't like the recipe for the seasoning on them. It was dry, and just odd. Hubby commented that they didn't taste right, either.... but he ate them because he was hungry. He gave me the look that said "please don't serve those again". We don't call food yucky at our table (don't want to influence Lily's food opinions), but I was about to break that house rule and pitch a fit because they were so gross.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm in the mood for sausage & sauerkraut on top of mashed potatoes with spicey mustard slathered on top of that. Plus a mug of frosty coldbeer. Trouble is..I'm the only one in the household who likes that dish..:(..so most likely isn't going to happen..:p
HD

Hubby would gladly join you for that! He keeps asking me to make it for him, but I'm of the same mind as your lovely. No thankyouverymuch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran