Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

I don't think I've ever had a fig. I've had 'dates'. Are they anything like dates?
(I love Grandma's buttery date cookies).

You are kidding right?
Nothing like dates. They have a taste all their own. Different varieties have different tastes as well. A Brown Turkey Fig doesn't taste like a Mission Fig.
brown_turkey_big.jpg
image010.gif

I don't think they have them out your way. I know they didn't have them in Ohio. No, they're not like dates. I can't really think of something to compare them to.... [huh]

I'd like that recipe for the buttery date cookies though ;)

As soon as Mrs. Brown gets back from the grocery..I'll copy her recipe for you. :eek:

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
Grilled Antelope steaks, marinated in lemon, garlic and fresh parsley from the garden, baked potato and salad. Homemade chocolate cake for dessert :)

rue

Grilled Antelope steaks, marinated in lemon, garlic and fresh parsley from the garden, baked potato and salad. Homemade chocolate cake for dessert :)

I've never had antelope, but the marinade for it sounds great and of course, so does that chocolate cake :)

Chicken breasts pan simmered in tarragon and white wine sauce. A Pierre Frenay recipe that is a family favorite.

Yum!

I gotta lotta respect for you folks that can go through all that to lose weight. I've dropped about 60 lbs and would like to drop another 40, but the colder months are never a good time to even think about it. I haven't even been outside my house in two days lol Not a good time to think about weight loss!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran